New iMac

Russell

So I'm in the market for a new Mac and if the rumour mill is to be believed a new iMac should be coming soon. I always seem to invest in Apple hardware about a month before a new release (happened with my ipod Nano, iPhone & MacBookPro).

Whilst it is inevitable with new versions coming every 12-18 months, any Apple insiders know the chances of a new iMac in the next month or so before I do the same thing again?

I will say there is an update coming at some point to either the newly released i7 mobile cpu's or apple will wait until nearer the end of the year/early next year for arrandale (next dual core mobile cpu's). This is purely down to the intel cpu roadmaps which kind of reveals apples release plans a bit.

But I would believe the saying - if you need one now buy it, if you can wait then wait as this is the best sort of view to take with apple hardware.

lol yeah i dont speculate.

best time to buy your iMac is now. whether or not it's the newest system in 6 seconds, 6 weeks, 6 months or six years, it's still a great machine.

Not denying the current imac is good at what it is but if you can get a system with twice the performance (assuming it goes quad core) for either the same or slightly more (doubt it will go down with an i7) and you don't need it now wouldn't it be worth waiting till the new ones are released?

you have no idea when the new ones (if any) are going to be released. that's why the best time is now.

speculation is speculation is speculation. not fact.

if you want to wait and in however many months or whatever there is a new one, feel free, but it probably wont be the same price for all these extras you say there'll be.

Actually thinking about it, I would put money on there being an announcement on or around (within two weeks) the 22nd of this month to try and take attention away from windows 7, especially considering apple are going to take an active advertising approach against it supposedly.

the only reason everyone asks on here is because of our apple versus windows arguments, Tim you're the resident apple geek :p

people just assume you know more than you're letting on due to your blind apple faith :p

Apologies didn't mean to put anyone in an awkward spot, amended post. If I was without a Mac I'd be more than happy with the current iMac, as I'm not in a major hurry for it I'm going to wait and see, for a few weeks.

It's never a good time to buy an iMac.. wether it's six months or six days down the line it's gonna be a pain in the ass when they release a new one.. I'd go mac pro... at least you can upgrade it.

Would love a MacPro but at over £2650 for a 6GB RAM model & 24inch display it's just out of my league, price wise.

Yep my MacBook Pro was a refurb and got £300 off, but they very rarely have MacPro's on the apple store. Anywhere else online good for refurbs? Only concern would be if you can still get AppleCare on stock not direct from Apple

Back