New iMac

LOL @ Mike :) well once my internets are back up and running at home then i'll be online at night to Mod :) just another couple of days :p

um cough cough tim :p

New imacs, unibody macbook, magic mouse etc released - all mentioned on engadget.com :)

Will admit, I was slightly wrong on the cpu in the imac, it's an i5 desktop not a mobile cpu by the looks of it

dont cough cough me, i never said there wasnt i just said it wasnt worth speculating.

"all mentioned on engadget"

yep. and tim is bored of levi's speculation.. all over designforums.co.uk

i dont speculate. not worth wasting my time doing so, so i'd prefer it if you didnt mention it whether you're right or wrong if im honest.

no offence

Well I'm glad I didn't take your advice Tim ;) but I'm sure you're not allowed to speculate on such things. Well now I need to decide if I go for the 27 inch or be sensible and up the ram on the 21.5 inch. hmmm

i just said "best time to get an imac is now" (as they have them in stock), i never said "go buy one".

True but I would have been super pissed if I'd bought an old one, presume apple have some kind of 30 day return policy so would swap if you did? Anyway I'm just glad for once I will get an apple product that is not upgraded a month after I invest.

it has to be the 27" with less ram and thenupgrade them ram when u got the funds otherwise might as well get a macbook pro

deleted posted in wrong thread :(

edit: as charles replied to my post .. basically I said the base imac 27" isn't actually too badly priced when you consider its got an LED display, it's just a pity apple doesn't keep upto date with their gpu's.

I hear you, the price point isn't bad at all really throughout the range if you compare what you got with previous model for the money!

Looking at it long term the 27inch would make sense, is it easy enough to get in and retro fit new ram on iMacs?

there's 4 ram ports on the imac, just remember htat.

and they're pretty difficult to install

as i was told, and as i learnt, you have to push them back in until your fingers bleed (literally)

it does make more sense, just think carefully and ill see you in brum soon!

it's so tempting. But I'll seriously consider one for my next upgrade me thinks (or whatever is out at that time)

tim said:
there's 4 ram ports on the imac, just remember htat.

and they're pretty difficult to install

as i was told, and as i learnt, you have to push them back in until your fingers bleed (literally)

it does make more sense, just think carefully and ill see you in brum soon!

unless they have moved them i thought they were about the easiest ram modules to install, as theyre in a small slot under the bottom edge of the screen...?

my previous imac, a 4yr old could have installed extra ram, that was a white one tho not allu...

can't imagine it's changed much...?

Previous gen (maybe it was justthe position if the iMac on the table) was quite difficult...

Back