Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New here!

Discussion in 'Introduction Forum:' started by Artyfart, Apr 3, 2012.

1. Artyfart

Artyfart Member

Hi there all

Just found this forum searching the web, like ya do! LOVE IT! I'm just at the beginning of thinking about going freelance. I'm a stay at home mum with a two year old girl (can't have any more so...) want to give this a whirl for when she starts school and I'm at a loose end so to speak!

I haven't worked for a while so I'm a little rusty but getting there. I specialized in illustration but ended up in graphics by chance working for an agency doing advertising recruitment that kind of stuff mainly for the financial sector. Was made redundant and have been hankering to do it again since. Obviously there are not many jobs especially if you've been out of the game for so long too! :icon_confused: So I'm taking the leap! I am in a fairly lucky position in that my husband is the old fashioned provider sort so whatever I make is extra...no risk hehe! But for some reason I'm terrified! I nearly died when I had my little one so this is my 'new me' jumping in feet first!

I find this forum addictive but have never posted until now. Nice to 'meet' you all! :icon_biggrin:

2. Stationery Direct

Stationery Direct Administrator Staff Member

A warm welcome to the GDF, good to have you here :icon_smile:

Cheers

Damon

3. Corrosive

Corrosive Moderator Staff Member

Welcome to the forum. Good to have you on board.

4. ARRIVALS

ARRIVALS Well-Known Member

Hi there, welcome to the forum.

5. DAVOR

DAVOR Member

Hi, good luck with your new freelance career, I am sure you will be fine!

6. Katedesign

Katedesign Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum... lots of help here!

7. Artyfart

Artyfart Member

Thanks guys, I can't get enough of this! I never knew it existed until now! Thanks for the welcome. :icon_biggrin:

8. Minuteman Press

Minuteman Press Moderator

Another welcome! Good to see you here.

9. Wardy

Wardy Active Member

Hi, and welcome. Careful, it can get TOO addictive. It's quite easy to come off and realise you've just wasted an hour!