Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New here, check out my work

Discussion in 'Introduction Forum:' started by Roddy, Apr 14, 2012.

1. Roddy

Roddy New Member

Hi Guys
    I'm new to this forum so I thought I'd say hi.
    Currently I work as a front end web developer and designer, so I use a lot of PhotoShop and do a lot of coding. Originally I went to art school and studies drawing and painting, my dream was always to be an illustrator but I thought it seemed like an impossible field to get into.
    Fast forward a few years and I decided that I still had the fire for drawing and it was time to try again. After saving up and buying a wacom tablet I've been trying to build up a portfolio of work with the ambition of getting into the video game or film industry, working in concept art/ character design.
    Anyway I'm going to try and post some new work on here somewhere, in the meantime check out my website at big-tiger.co.uk . Any feedback would be great and if you like the site share or like it on Facebook.
    All the best people
    Roddy

2. welcome to the forum

3. Jimlad

Jimlad Well-Known Member

Some nice work, welcome to the forum.

4. Roddy

Roddy New Member

Hi Guys, I haven't been on here for a little while so I thought I'd make a quick post. I've been working on a comic book adaption of one of my favourite authors, you can see the story so far here. There's a bit of colourful language but its all neccessary. Lots of the frames need redrawn and the lettering's a bit crap but I'll hopefully get that sorted down the line.

5. Squiddy

Squiddy Guest

Well, I've got to say that's pretty damn good.
    I was slightly taken aback at the story in parts, especially, the 'incident' with the steamship of a woman! I think because of the style, I wasn't really expecting the dark story plots to be honest, but I think it's really good!
    What do you plan to with all this in the long run?

6. Tony Hardy

Tony Hardy Guest

The quality of your drawings is fantastic Roddy! I'll have a good read through it when I get five minutes to myself. But quality wise, fantastic.

Do pop into some other forums and have a chat! :)