New here, any suggestion for code study?

Maria1983

Hello to all

I am a student currently study Digital Media but personally I am stick to work as web designer for game company in the future.

My condition is simple but concentrate on interactive website design. I had trained from artistic side and design skills, but now it's time for me concentrate on coding (as I wish to work as a web-designer...)

It will be great if I could obtain any suggestions on coding study, (I am learning Javascript and HTML at this moment, but I know I am not brilliant enough to archive my dream job yet ).

I am quite interested the website of Bio-shock, please have a look and I am look forward to hearing practical & theoretical suggestions.

tips of my question

1)From the coding aspect, what language is applied for this kind of website?
2) Any specific software used for interactive coding? (probably I am not ask a proper question, as I only know Javascript and XHTML at this moment. please introduce a bit ,many thanks)
3) For software, I am study DW cs4, is there any other software applied in the industry field ?(especially for website of game company)

Thanks for everyone who viewed this entry :clap:

there's nothing wrong with using flash and it's not like html5 has taken off yet. There's still some things it can do that the others cant (getting less obviously). Wouldn't be going out of my way to learn it though.

Hello and thanks for all of your suggestions,
As I know the SQL is quite difficult o learn, however I would love to challenge any possibility.
Thanks for your suggestions and I would love to learn more from all of you.

Levi said:
there's nothing wrong with using flash and it's not like html5 has taken off yet. There's still some things it can do that the others cant (getting less obviously). Wouldn't be going out of my way to learn it though.

Yeah Levi's probably right, if you don't know Flash now, then you'd probably be better off devoting your time to more up and coming web development intrigues like HTML5.

Back