New Facebook page design

richimgd

Hi guys and girls,

I've been working on my new (well, redesigned) >>Facebook page<<
Please click the like button :D

It should automatically link to the welcome tab. There are also tabs for Web, Branding, Print & 3D which is essentially where the design is - everything else is just the old page / default Facebook functionality. I am debating whether or not to add a contact/about tab although I also don't want so many tabs that it gets to the point nobody can be arsed to look at them!

If there are any thoughts and views you have on it so far? I am going to aim to use it more as a tool to get business hopefully.

Cheers
Rich

I like the look and layout very much. One tiny crit is that I log in to Facebook using HTTPS and am getting security warnings saying that non-secure items are on the page. I assume that is your CSS or images?

I looked at some tutorials and articles yesterday on how to do a bespoke page and could not, for the life of me, find a decent one. I don't even know where or how to change the code. Have you got any links I can follow to decent tutorials please?

Cheers Chris,

At Corrosive: What browser are you using which shows the errors? I was kinda aware of the SSL issue so will have to scour through the code. I have used relative links to everything in the CSS and JS so I'm not pointing to any non secure object that I know of.

In terms of tutorials I just took a look at a bunch of Facebook pages I liked the look of and then worked out how they had done things. Its known as a 'Facebook page tab' in case you didn't already know and if you need to Google anything specific.

It is Chrome that is throwing up the warning but I cannot see what is causing it. Thanks for the info. I'll get on to some Googling.

It is Chrome that is throwing up the warning but I cannot see what is causing it. Thanks for the info. I'll get on to some Googling.
It actually turns out it is a fault with Facebooks very own JS SDK. There is a work around by the looks of it that I will look into implementing. Its funny that it was the last place I had expected to look for the source of the problem. Should have known better!

It actually turns out it is a fault with Facebooks very own JS SDK. There is a work around by the looks of it that I will look into implementing. Its funny that it was the last place I had expected to look for the source of the problem. Should have known better!

How bizarre. You'd think they'd check that kind of stuff huh?

Back