• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

New Designer Here ;D

*chloe

Been playing with photoshop since i was 13.
I have my own design company that ive been running for year and its been going well.
Ive unfortunatly lost my ability to create and code websites has i have not kept up to date with all the new coding and programmes, which is something in want to change.
:)

Rhonda

Heya and welcome aboard.

I hear you on the coding thing. I'm into graphic art myself, but currently in the middle of teaching myself the basics of HTML and Javascript. Its actually not as difficult as I thought it would be. Once I get those down, maybe I can enhance it by also learning XHTML which is basically a kind of newer version of HTML, as well as HTML 5.

There are alot of nice online tutorials out there too. I'm using one called W3Schools. It teaches HTML 4, but its probably a good foundation of study. Or you could seek a school for it. Which ever way helps you to learn it best is the one for you. Just something to think about at least. I do agree that knowing the coding of websites would be very handy to have.

*chloe

Rhonda said:
Heya and welcome aboard.

I hear you on the coding thing. I'm into graphic art myself, but currently in the middle of teaching myself the basics of HTML and Javascript. Its actually not as difficult as I thought it would be. Once I get those down, maybe I can enhance it by also learning XHTML which is basically a kind of newer version of HTML, as well as HTML 5.

There are alot of nice online tutorials out there too. I'm using one called W3Schools. It teaches HTML 4, but its probably a good foundation of study. Or you could seek a school for it. Which ever way helps you to learn it best is the one for you. Just something to think about at least. I do agree that knowing the coding of websites would be very handy to have.

Yeh i know html quite well, use it when i make myspaces for people and ive learned cms and wordpress, its just those flash websites and all that, that do my head in. Looking forward to learning new things.

glenwheeler said:
Yeah he's only 13 :rolleyes:!!

Welcome to DF Chloe!
ahah yeh....i saw that.Bless.

Greg

Welcome aboard Chloe, and good planning ahead with the avatar!
Think you're one of the first new members we've not had to explain about the muppet avatars to :)

As far as web coding goes, I would stick to HTML/CSS and the CMS' that you mentioned like Wordpress, going into Flash as well could leave you as a jack of all trades as they say, and keeping up-to-speed on all those coding languages would be a struggle I think.

Hope you enjoy DF.
Greg