New Corsa TV advert ends with Facebook's website and not Vauxhall's

Tony

The new Corsa advert ends with a web address shown as: www.facebook.com/vauxhallcorsa.

I find this interesting as it shows just how powerful Facebook has become and also how direct the target audience of that car is. I am not saying having a target audience is anything new but just interesting how a major company is now directing people to a social networking site to get info on their product rather than their own site.

The logic seems good, if people use FB a lot then they're more likely to visit a page on that site than go elsewhere. The page seems popular with girls.

Got a vid of the ad? can only find vauxhall links on the ones I can find

Also the key demographic for corsa drivers has still got to be 17-25 year olds... which facebook definitely has alot of

No I cannot find one either, it seems to be on TV a hell of a lot though. If I see it again I'll get a pic.

Yeah that is what I meant.

Don't do it Mike.. you're doing so well!! Its like any other addictive substance.. just stay away!! :lol:

I've been struggling, mostly because I've missed things that facebook would have kept me informed of.

I'm getting more and more companies asking about setting up facebook pages as part of their marketing, but so many of them do it completely wrong. If you want people to interact with your company and 'like' you it needs to have some substance.

One company I work for (a cosmetics company) has a great facebook presence as it gives their clients something extra. It has nearly 4000 followers and runs facebook exclusive offers, has tutorial videos and gives Q & A advice on the best products for different skin tones etc. They get great feedback via the discussions section that has helped them develop new ranges and make changes to product packaging.

At it's best it can give you a direct link to a businesses client base but you have to make it worth their while.

Done from my phone and was so much fun.

Picture:

3b1318cd.jpg

Renniks said:
Got a vid of the ad? can only find vauxhall links on the ones I can find

Also the key demographic for corsa drivers has still got to be 17-25 year olds... which facebook definitely has alot of

I've got a Corsa and I'm 25! That means I need a new car within the year (nod)

Tony said:
I find this interesting as it shows just how powerful Facebook has become and also how direct the target audience of that car is

I think big companies are being advised that they can connect with their target audience in a more 'in their language' approach via the likes of Facebook, and social media in general, like Russell said, it only becomes really, really effective if they do something more, or give something extra.

Remember seeing the first TV ads that suggested search keywords rather than their own domain name, which I think was always a risky strategy given that their competitors are likely to be advertising just pixels away!! Having said that, have heard some stories of domains being advertised on TV, only for large amounts of traffic to end up on a typo of the name, or a very, very similar domain, think that happens a lot less nowadays given that most people search names rather than type in direct to address bar.

Wonder what will be next? Tweet us @Corsa or something?! :)

Back