New Business Logo Design [Rd 3] - critiques please

HamisH007

Following a very helpful a/b testing and evolution here (/a-b-test-and-critique-on-logo-concepts.25707/) . I explored another direction that resulted in three more versions. I'd appreciate any and all constructive critiques. I'll be presenting to the client soon with the aim to select a final direction. From that I'll work on any revisions and then polish

Background on these concepts for context.
• business is for a combination of services to assist young professionals with getting fit physically and mentally.
• customers are college/uni, or new professionals who know coaching will help them get to a higher level of performance in work/school (perhaps sports as secondary)
• service is professional Physical Trainer and Psychologist who coach and prepare programs to help clients overcome all types of mental and physical challenges
• clients are middle income bracket
• location is a hipster-driven brand city (to a fault)
• ask away if something's not clear/conflicting in logo

Round One:
• presented 9 unique concepts. From that, client provided feedback going in a popular hipster style theme.
• client preferred a boxed in (crest) style.
• I want/need to appeal to the hipster theme appeal that is so popular, yet have a longer shelf life.

Round Two:
• most all feedback said the word marks were better on their own. I'll provide an alt crest version to the client.

Round Three:
• colours can always change. I'm batting around these options as they follow balance/relax/safe (Greens), optimistic/happy/positive (Oranges), but Im using vintage tones of the hues. But in this market, black is the norm and these work well in black too.
• these are near final form, just need to get down to the ONE ;)

ReDefine Fitness Logo Dev colours_presV1.5.jpg

For me it's orange 5th one down, top set of images but without the head image.

Column two row three. Don't like the backgrounds

And still don't associate the words with the business. They read like an academic study rather than a fitness program.

Same as fisicx for me I think, the roof shaped one in turquoise. Quite like it in the lozenge too.

Column two row three. Don't like the backgrounds

And still don't associate the words with the business. They read like an academic study rather than a fitness program.

Hey fisicx, interesting point about the academic study, i think that actually is the appeal here. let me explain...
Many new boutique businesses that have opened in the last 4 years around here and cater to the hipster city crowd all have the look and feel of an old alchemist/science/formal/minimalist look. I do feel it works here as this is not a gym, it is custom and formal mental & physical programmes backed by the sciences ( psychology, physiotherapy, and kinesiology). With this in mind does it work better for you? if not, what would you do different to help connect the 'look' with the service?

Back