New Business Card

Hey everyone...I finished this concept for my new business card yesterday and thought I would get some opinions.

I'm pretty happy with it, but thought I would check and see if there was any glaring mistakes that I have made, and to check general opinion.

As it is for myself, the only brief was: simple and bold.

I've included a rework of my logo, and I plan to get all the black and pink areas finished with Spot UV.

Thanks for looking.

new_biz_card.jpg

my only question is the BSc Hons.. is it needed? As it seems a bit lost to me and I would use the same light then dark font on your name :) but thats my only comments :) nice design other than that in my opinion :)

Thanks Chris,

I see your point. Do you mean putting the BSc in white caps, or just white?

I never had it on my old cards, but at all the networking events I've been going to recently I get asked if I went to Uni. I've also noticed that a lot of the cards I get back from others have theirs on.

Hmmm.

what if the side with the contact details on had the black background instead? i always think of contact details as the back of a business card, dont know why really!
________
Pattaya condominiums

I don't like the drop shadow. Why have the title text at an angle?

I'd like to see the same darkflare design square on in a dark warm gray withe the web print logo sitting below central..
I like the four dot bullet points keep them in pink.

The angle was just something I was trying out, as was the drop shadow pink. I felt it needed something to lift it off the paper.

Do you mean change the rectangle from black to grey? Or the drop shadow?

p.s. I agree on the black background, I don't think it is right.

Ok I see what you mean, not going to change it to grey though. I've always used the black and white. Will try without the box and shadow.

Cheers Typo.

I'm using the logo as a range, with one of the others being darkflareART...so I want to keep them consistent and keep the logo on the left.

iain_darkflare said:
Two options for the logo side...as per typo's input.

new_biz_card_back_alt.jpg

I do prefer the top one out of the two :) but thats just me :)

Observation more than anything else, I find it a bit weird that you are called dark flare design, yet your work is friendly.

When I think dark flare, I think more the style of work that, say Alex Norman (Emptees - People - Alex Norman) would do.

But this is just me.

Cards look good, match your work style.

Yeah, tbh I just picked the name through doing a bit of word association. Obv I ended up playing off the flair/flare thing.

My very first logo was black white and orange (for the flare). But over time it's obviouslly grown. Almost three years on it's still a talking point when I meet people, and they always ask where it comes from...so I just opted to stick with it.

I like the white background on the logo side and the black on the contact side. Don't really like the bsc(hons) bit as it makes you sound like you've just graduated. I'd use it on letters after your name, or on the end of emails in your sig but you should have managing director, or director, or creative director instead on your card. :up:

Back