Never have I been this confused!

mrp2049

I'd working a branding job, we have been logo to develop an overall logo (covered) to promote tourism in a nearby area and 3 sub logos that are specific to each group of activities. I've 2 sorted, holistic treatments, outdoor skills (think Ray Meers) and then there is the problem...

The last logo is for Action, exact word used in the brief, yet the 2 main sports they are trying to push are surfing and golf. Surfing = Action, golf = sedation! How do you create a logo that can be used to promote golf AND surfing?

I am so stumped, if anyone has any ideas on this I would greatly appreciate it.

not sure how the other logo's have been done but maybe the cliché 'running man' style logo or that type of idea..... is there going to be more 'action' events added? If not you could maybe do a combined logo but who ever wrote that brief needs firing lol

I agree that golf doesn't go with action, recreation would be fine but golf to me is hit a ball, walk a while if you're feeling energetic, hit the ball again...end up at club house for food and drink....

Visually the only aspects with a common form are the shape of the golf swing and the shape of a big wave, whether you can turn this into a recognisable icon, I'm no so sure :D

golf_swing.jpg

jamie-sadlowski-golf-swing.jpg

Thinking you could use a simple golfer swinging his bat, surrounded by the curve of a big wave shape.

big-wave-wallpapers_22273_1600x1200.jpg

:confused:

Levi said:
is there going to be more 'action' events added? If not you could maybe do a combined logo but who ever wrote that brief needs firing lol

If there are more events to be added, they haven't told us yet! Its the South Wales coast, apparently well know for Surfing and Golf?!

Believe! I have friends who surf and friends who play golf. They couldn't be more different groups of people! I left a foot prints place holder in there until I think of something better, but there is a problem with that too...Surfers would leave barefoot prints and golfers the opposite! ARGH!

Tom, that's not a bad idea! I will look into it when I'm back in work tomorrow!

I know I know!!... A logo of a Seagull! they are common to both Golf courses and the Sea :) there ya go job done :)

I want fishing and cycling to get popular there also, then you could use a fish on a bike! With a golf club!..

Is it possible that you could talk to them and explain the issues you're having with the brief, as they would clearly benefit from have a little bit of a re-think in that area.

Squiddy said:
Is it possible that you could talk to them and explain the issues you're having with the brief, as they would clearly benefit from have a little bit of a re-think in that area.

Sadly, no. I explain this at the time.

They asked for everything we had done this morning and I didn't have a chance to put a seagull in there!

Or.....a man surfing on a golf course. I've always thought a golf course looks a like the sea.

Or an albatros, its a golfing term and a sea bird.

surfboard with a hole in it (flag optional) :)

edit: even better idea....
sand trap with a surfboard in it (tail down like you see on beach), golf flag in the background :)

Back