Need to vent....

easiprint

Just need to vent.... :icon_mad:

Had a customer in for some photocopying this morning. They are some leaflets for a local pub, and rather than have us do something properly for them, they bring in an inkjet print of something they knocked up themselves and ask us to do 50 photocopies of it. No problem, we do the copies, charge them the mighty sum of £2 for the whole lot and think no more about it. Just had a phone call from them to say the whole lot are garbage, and how bad we are, and that he will bad mouth us to everyone he knows. When he eventually stops shouting for a few seconds, I ask him what is wrong and he tells me that there are two spelling mistakes on his leaflets. I explain that all we have done is photocopied the original he gave us, and he goes off on one saying how we should have someone to proof read everything before we print it and that it is all our fault that he has missed these spelling mistakes. So I'm supposed to read everything we photocopy now to make sure there are no spelling mistakes in it. How much of the £1 profit I made from that job does he think goes towards providing a free proofing service?

Stupidity Lives On!!!

Sadly your story doesn't surprise me. When I get similar type of rubbish thrown my way I normally throw back an example that applies to them. For example one of my local chippies wants some window vinyls. That's fine I can design and have them printed except this guy hates parting with money, doesn't see why he should pay for any artworking / design. When he starts ranting I calmly say to him "how much for a bag of chips?" when he tells me I ask him is that the cost price then he rages a bit more with stuff like"are you crazy? if gave away everything at cost price I would be skint. blah, blah....... *insert a couple more minutes of venting*..." then he realizes what he is saying and accepts a design fee.

We occasionally get these issues and I can usually make them see sense, but this chap was just beyond belief. He was probably more annoyed with himself for making the mistakes, but took it out on me. Some customers just have to be seen to be believed!!

It's so crazy that you couldn't believe these things happen.
I once decided to correct a customer's spelling mistake on their file before printing. When I proofed it, I told them I had corrected the error. Well, they weren't happy and told me to change it back (to the wrong spelling). So I did and printed it.

They came back a few months later for a reprint and told me to change the error that I had made!!!???

Customers are always idiots. The whole 'customers are always right' thing is daft. I work at a printing shop, being in charge of the ink cartridge department (I say department, it was pretty small) and a customer who owns a small civil engineering office in town came in for some replacement toner cartridges and a few months later, he had the nerve to come back in and claim our products irritated his staff with asthma to a point where they had to call in sick and wanted compensation! It was the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. He even tried to put a story into the local paper. I literally couldn't believe they could be so stupid. Our suppliers are completely legit! Of course toner is widely known to have health risks for people with respiratory conditions because it's a powder! They clearly didn't read the leaflet it came with. Honestly, these guys are great for * REMOVED * Trust me!

I'm glad we're sharing stories, it's always nice to vent!

Customers are always idiots. The whole 'customers are always right' thing is daft. I work at a printing shop, being in charge of the ink cartridge department (I say department, it was pretty small) and a customer who owns a small civil engineering office in town came in for some replacement toner cartridges and a few months later, he had the nerve to come back in and claim our products irritated his staff with asthma to a point where they had to call in sick and wanted compensation! It was the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. He even tried to put a story into the local paper. I literally couldn't believe they could be so stupid. Our suppliers are completely legit! Of course toner is widely known to have health risks for people with respiratory conditions because it's a powder! They clearly didn't read the leaflet it came with. Honestly, these guys are great for * REMOVED *. Trust me!

I'm glad we're sharing stories, it's always nice to vent!

Cleaver bit of spam that lol

Back