• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

need to convert AVI to Mpegs

Levi

Staff member
miro - both mac and windows unlike freemake which is windows only... pretty sure Berry's a mac guy.
covers pretty much all the conversions which may be needed for a website (assumption here Berry) - MP4, WebM (vp8), Ogg Theora and mp3 audio only
edit: make sure you untick the junkware they try to 'add'...

M

Matt Harle

Levi said:
miro - both mac and windows unlike freemake which is windows only... pretty sure Berry's a mac guy.
covers pretty much all the conversions which may be needed for a website (assumption here Berry) - MP4, WebM (vp8), Ogg Theora
Good point! I'd forgotten that Freemake was only available for Windows.

Levi

Staff member
well that can happen depending on the original codec.
if you want control over filesize go take a look at handbrake it does give you more control over that sort of thing, also you could try using one of the presets in miro

wac

If you got the CS suite, Adobe Media Encoder is usually very good at converting most things to most other things and CS6 has a myriad of presets.

Jimlad

I'll be at a loss if I ever lose VisualHub. Best and simplest video converter for the mac I've seen, shame its not supported any more.