Need some help to buy a pantone swatch for my bf

nickcv

in about two months i'll be celebrating my 4th anniversary with my bf. about one year ago he started doing some professional web design and i'd really like to buy him some pantone swatches, the problem is that i don't really understand the product >.<

reading around the pantone website i figured out that what he would need is the bridge swatch, but i don't understand the difference among the coated and the uncoated one.

PANTONE Plus Series - PMS Color Formula Guides, Color Bridge, Metallics and PANTONE Color Guides

point out what should i buy guys, i really need some help!

edit:
i've spent some more time on the pantone website and i'm getting more and more confused. what about the CMYK Coated & Uncoated set? could he need them too? what's the difference with the bridge swatches?

Because nothing quite says 'I love you' more than a 19 page RGB/Pantone colour chart.

Squiddy said:
Because nothing quite says 'I love you' more than a 19 page RGB/Pantone colour chart.
maybe it's just me but I'd rather get something useful than something wishy washy for an anniversary... it's not like 4 years is an important number of years (no offense to the op) like say 1, 5, 10, 15 etc.

Pretty much all the wishy washy anniversary stuff ends up tucked in a cupboard anyways.... yes I'm such a romantic and yes I know girls/women are different to boys/men :)

Mind you I do feel that romantic gestures can be at any time, you don't need to stick to your 'anniversary' for stuff like that :)

Anyways, back on topic, I can't remember exactly which one it is but there used to be a pantone guide with cmyk to rgb codes etc, I 'think' it was the colour bridge ones. Not sure how useful it is for a web designer though.

Well, perhaps if I surrounded my comments with smileys and lols it might have been taken for what it was meant to be.

Squiddy said:
Well, perhaps if I surrounded my comments with smileys and lols it might have been taken for what it was meant to be.
:D;):p:cool::rolleyes:(nod):):D;):p:cool::p(nod):):D
:)you got to get with the times, smileys count :p
(nod):rolleyes::cool::p;):D:)(nod):rolleyes::cool::p;):D:)(nod)

I don't think that beats my smiley count for a post yet LOL :p

so what number would that be :p

Sorry to the op in advance.....

Lets try again :p
(nod):rolleyes::cool::p;):D:)(nod):rolleyes::cool: :p;):D:)(nod)(nod):rolleyes::cool::p;):D:)(nod):rolleyes::cool: :p;):D:)(nod)(nod):rolleyes::cool::p;):D:)(nod):rolleyes::cool: :p;):D:)(nod)(nod):rolleyes::cool::p;):D:)(nod):rolleyes::cool: :p;):D:)(nod)(nod):rolleyes::cool::p;):D:)(nod):rolleyes::cool: :p;):D:)(nod)(nod):rolleyes::cool::p;):D:)(nod):rolleyes::cool: :p;):D:)(nod)(nod):rolleyes::cool::p;):D:)(nod):rolleyes::cool: :p;):D:)(nod)(nod):rolleyes::cool::p;):D:)(nod):rolleyes::cool: :p;):D:)(nod)(nod):rolleyes::cool::p;):D:)(nod):rolleyes::cool: :p;):D:)(nod)(nod):rolleyes::cool::p;):D:)(nod):rolleyes::cool: :p;):D:)(nod)(nod):rolleyes::cool::p;):D:)(nod):rolleyes::cool: :p;):D:)(nod)(nod):rolleyes::cool::p;):D:)(nod):rolleyes::cool: :p;):D:)(nod)(nod):rolleyes::cool::p;):D:)(nod):rolleyes::cool: :p;):D:)(nod)(nod):rolleyes::cool::p;):D:)(nod):rolleyes::cool: :p;):D:)(nod)(nod):rolleyes::cool::p;):D:)(nod):rolleyes::cool: :p;):D:)(nod)(nod):rolleyes::cool::p;):D:)(nod):rolleyes::cool: :p;):D:)(nod)(nod):rolleyes::cool::p;):D:)(nod):rolleyes::cool: :p;):D:)(nod)(nod):rolleyes::cool::p;):D:)(nod):rolleyes::cool: :p;):D:)(nod)(nod):rolleyes::cool::p;):D:)(nod):rolleyes::cool: :p;):D:)(nod)(nod):rolleyes::cool::p;):D:)(nod):rolleyes::cool: :p;):D:)(nod)(nod):rolleyes::cool::p;):D:)(nod):rolleyes::cool: :p;):D:)(nod)(nod):rolleyes::cool::p;):D:)(nod):rolleyes::cool: :p;):D:)(nod)(nod):rolleyes::cool::p;):D:)(nod):rolleyes::cool: :p;):D:)(nod)(nod):rolleyes::cool::p;):D:)(nod):rolleyes::cool: :p;):D:)(nod)(nod):rolleyes::cool::p;):D:)(nod):rolleyes::cool: :p;):D:)(nod)(nod):rolleyes::cool::p;):D:)(nod):rolleyes::cool: :p;):D:)(nod)(nod):rolleyes::cool::p;):D:)(nod):rolleyes::cool: :p;):D:)(nod)(nod):rolleyes::cool::p;):D:)(nod):rolleyes::cool: :p;):D:)(nod)(nod):rolleyes::cool::p;):D:)(nod):rolleyes::cool: :p;):D:)(nod)(nod):rolleyes::cool::p;):D:)(nod):rolleyes::cool: :p;):D:)(nod)(nod):rolleyes::cool::p;):D:)(nod):rolleyes::cool: :p;):D:)(nod)(nod):rolleyes::cool::p;):D:)(nod):rolleyes::cool: :p;):D:)(nod)(nod):rolleyes::cool::p;):D:)(nod):rolleyes::cool: :p;):D:)(nod)(nod):rolleyes::cool::p;):D:)(nod):rolleyes::cool: :p;):D:)(nod)(nod):rolleyes::cool::p;):D:)(nod):rolleyes::cool: :p;):D:)(nod)(nod):rolleyes::cool::p;):D:)(nod):rolleyes::cool: :p;):D:)(nod)(nod):rolleyes::cool::p;):D:)(nod):rolleyes::cool: :p;):D:)(nod)(nod):rolleyes::cool::p;):D:)(nod):rolleyes::cool: :p;):D:)(nod)(nod):rolleyes::cool::p;):D:)(nod):rolleyes::cool: :p;):D:)(nod)(nod):rolleyes::cool::p;):D:)(nod):rolleyes::cool: :p;):D:)(nod)(nod):rolleyes::cool::p;):D:)(nod):rolleyes::cool: :p;):D:)(nod)(nod):rolleyes::cool::p;):D:)(nod):rolleyes::cool: :p;):D:)(nod)(nod):rolleyes::cool::p;):D:)(nod):rolleyes::cool: :p;):D:)(nod)(nod):rolleyes::cool::p;):D:)(nod):rolleyes::cool: :p;):D:)(nod)(nod):rolleyes::cool::p;):D:)(nod):rolleyes::cool: :p;):D:)(nod)(nod):rolleyes::cool::p;):D:)(nod):rolleyes::cool: :p;):D:)(nod)(nod):rolleyes::cool::p;):D:)(nod):rolleyes::cool: :p;):D:)(nod)(nod):rolleyes::cool::p;):D:)(nod):rolleyes::cool: :p;):D:)(nod)(nod):rolleyes::cool::p;):D:)(nod):rolleyes::cool: :p;):D:)(nod)(nod):rolleyes::cool::p;):D:)(nod):rolleyes::cool: :p;):D:)(nod)(nod):rolleyes::cool::p;):D:)(nod):rolleyes::cool: :p;):D:)(nod)(nod):rolleyes::cool::p;):D:)(nod):rolleyes::cool: :p;):D:)(nod)(nod):rolleyes::cool::p;):D:)(nod):rolleyes::cool: :p;):D:)(nod)(nod):rolleyes::cool::p;):D:)(nod):rolleyes::cool: :p;):D:)(nod)(nod):rolleyes::cool::p;):D:)(nod):rolleyes::cool: :p;):D:)(nod)(nod):rolleyes::cool::p;):D:)(nod):rolleyes::cool: :p;):D:)(nod)(nod):rolleyes::cool::p;):D:)(nod):rolleyes::cool: :p;):D:)(nod)(nod):rolleyes::cool::p;):D:)(nod):rolleyes::cool: :p;):D:)(nod)(nod):rolleyes::cool::p;):D:)(nod):rolleyes::cool: :p;):D:)(nod)(nod):rolleyes::cool::p;):D:)(nod):rolleyes::cool: :p;):D:)(nod)

edit: didn't take all of them :( but it did make a pretty pattern :)

Back