Need logo advice

raynedeer

So Im designing a logo for a company called 'Mega Dead Sea Products'. I'm having problems finding the right font (it will be printed on the products of course). Any suggestions? I've been looking mainly at sans serif and cant find anything more suitable then what is currently on the image linked, the only one I thought might be any good costs way too much. Also feel free to comment on the general logo idea, really need some advice on this. Thanks

The logo at the moment:

http://goo.gl/HQtqj

Raynedeer,

Hard to comment on the image attached not a lot to go off, start by giving the forum some information about the product so members can start to visualize where it will be used, other logos within industry sector etc...
We will then be able to assist you with the design and help in anyway, if your stuck for a typeface try dafont.com

First thing that did spring to mind tho was - body shop logo

Screen shot 2012-04-17 at 16.27.19.jpg

I think looking at the 2 examples given above, you really need to scrap what you've got and start from scratch.

Would have to agree that a start-over is a good plan. I'm not saying for a moment you deliverately copied them but what you have made so far (in my opinion) is far too close to the examples cited.

So, who was first Body Shop or Thames Water? Definitely start again!

Presumably they want to have some link to the Dead Sea? Health-giving benefits etc. What kind of products? Aimed at women? Men? what age? Price? All of that will have some bearing on the final design.

Although I don't see enough similarity with the Body Shop logo to worry, the Thames Water logo is almost identical.

Back