Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help with Logo design

Discussion in 'Introduction Forum:' started by juranich, Jan 21, 2012.

1. juranich

juranich Junior Member

Hi guys,

I'm new to this forum, therefore I apologize in advance if somethings are not according to usual procedures.

I've designing a logo for my small company called MYOD (Make Your Own Destiny). The company will be an umbrella company and therefore there is no specific theme. I'm a little bit stuck, I think it could look a little bit better but I'm not sure what I need to do for that. Here is what I've came up so far and would very much appreciate your views and suggestions.

I'm not a professional designer as you could tell.

Thank you in advance

Attached Files:

2. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

3. juranich

juranich Junior Member

Thanks Levi but I have already done my research regarding the business name and everything is legal. I've actually got the business registered in UK. All I need the gurus' opinion on my logo.

Thank you guys, I really appreciate your support.

4. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

my opinion on logo - start over from scratch, it's not clear and it's not 'stylised' either

5. BenJonesDesign

BenJonesDesign Active Member

theres no real definition to any of the letters. You can't have the y intersect the m like that as now it just looks like i y d or m y d. linking letters like that only really works with certain combinations. If this is your first idea then you've not gone down the right root. Like levi said start from scratch and scribble down a good few ideas on good ol' pencil and paper.

6. Krey20

Krey20 Senior Member

I agree with the comments above. Perhaps you are pushing a little too hard for a clever idea and it's over complicating everything.
    Really clever logos are usually very simple and only hint at their cleverness. I always hold the FedEx logo up as an example of that.
    The first concern with any logo is that you can read and understand the company name, Once that's sorted worry about a clever idea to suggest what it is the company dos and how you can covey it.

7. ec0

ec0 Junior Member

I'd just make a cool umbrella with a happy couple standing under it ;)
    I'll make one tomorrow for you if get the time.

Ec0

8. juranich

juranich Junior Member

thanks guys, I really appreciate your input on this. Followed your advice and went back to the drawing board, I can see what you mean about it not being clear.

Krey20, goot point in FedEx, may be i'll try to use just a normal text but style it.

ec0 thanks for the idea, may be it'll work. I didn't really think of it that way as we not really dealing with umbrellas.