Need help with an illustration resolution size

Dee Pat

Hi everyone,

It's my first time posting here and hope that some of you can help me with my query.

I've been asked to do an illustration which will be used on a website.
The dimensions I've been told to give the final illustration are 2000px x 1333px and at 72dpi

I usually do my artwork by hand and then scan it in. What page size am I supposed to create my artwork on, so that I can then scan it and then send it in those dimensions of 2000px x 1333px.

Hope I can get some advice!
Thank you!

Your original should be at least A5, if not A4, and scan it at 300 dpi at least. More is better, you can always reduce it in size.
Then resize to the specified dimensions when you open it in Photoshop or wherever.

Your original should be at least A5, if not A4, and scan it at 300 dpi at least. More is better, you can always reduce it in size.
Then resize to the specified dimensions when you open it in Photoshop or wherever.

Thank you for the help! Never been asked to send such a large size so I wasn't sure.

I usually scan and then edit the contrast and colour details. Should I adjust the size to the dimensions at the end of all this?

2000 px isn't that big. Yes, resize it afterwards but don't forget to save it at the larger size too.

Back