Need Help - Game Idea

Spider

Hello,

I'm a web designer and programmer, and an amateur graphic designer. I've decided to start working on a browser-type game as a sort of hobby to help me learn more and have more fun with web design in my spare time.

First of all, if this is the wrong place to be asking such a thing I apologise, and I would appreciate it if anyone could point me in the right direction.

I've done some work on the game already but I've only just come up with the formative ideas and I'm really struggling for inspiration for the design - I need a good logo.

I can't offer anything as this is just a hobby for me, but I was wondering if anyone would be willing to have a mess around and see what they can come up with. If not no worries.

The working title is 'Archipelago' and I'm thinking of an island type battle theme.

Here is a (very) basic rough logo that I came up with as a starting point.

archipelago.jpg

If this really isn't the place to be asking such a thing, as I've said I'd appreciate if anyone knows of a forum where it would be appropriate.

Failing that, any advice on what I've come up with so far / how to proceed would be appreciated!

Thank you,

Spider

Oh I wasn't talking about the logo... just interested in how the game would work :eek: :rolleyes:

Oh I see.. hopefully it will be a browser based game based in a group of islands and each player has their own island on which they can produce resources build infrastructure, explore, trade, and invade other islands. I'm still thinking of the details but I'm open to ideas on that as well I suppose.

So you mean it's essentially ikariam?

Nothing on that logo would suggest battle at all. Looks more like a travel agents logo who specialize in islands. =]

Back