Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 14.3%

Votes: 2 28.6%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 4 57.1%

• Total voters

John White

Hi

I am a web designer / front end developer and I am currently doing a re brand for myself. I have come up with a few options but just really want a few opinions on what works best / if any?

Thanks in advance.
John

logo-03.png logo-04.png logo-05.png logo-06.png logo-08.png

Attachments

• logo-08.png
    logo-08.png
    57.2 KB · Views: 27
Last edited by a moderator:
I think the final one is the most 'self-contained' in the sense that you have a name, textual logo, and a logomark, though I'd still tweak that 'W' a little. The others don't do it for me at all.

I tend to agree, but i do like the cursor arrow from number, i'd try and incorporate that in number 5 but NOT using the same W from number 1

Thanks for the feedback guys. @Paul Murray what tweaks would you suggest on the W?

I'd remove the first part and just have it the same as the second part of the W – essentially remove the bar at the top, it draws the eye back towards the start of the logo, which you don't want.

I'd also reduce the tracking on the lettering too as it's a bit too wide for my liking. Generally the heavier the weight, the closer the letterforms should sit (this is where the lettering gets its 'heft' from). The opposite is also true of lighter fonts – space those further apart. :)

Hi @Paul Murray. Thanks for the comments, all really useful. The top bar on the W is there because the idea was that it looked like a J and it was a play on my initials JW.

Hi John,

My first thought was that on the last 3 the font reminded me of JD Sports - having included a screenshot can see it's not quite the same side by side, but singling the JD at the front still makes me think of the sports brand.

My preference on the icons are I like the W with a cursor in, wondering if straight up looks neater - and without the top bar on last one I imagine it will look like 2 ticks which I think is more appealing than the attempt to incorporate the J.

I do prefer the font on the last ones but the sports thing sticks with me!

Attachments

• 2016-02-01 17.38.28.png
    2016-02-01 17.38.28.png
    198.9 KB · Views: 4
Hi Guys

Thanks for the comments.

So I have tried a few more options based on feedback. I have tried different typefaces, looked closer at the tracking and tried a couple of variations without the top bar. Would be great to get your feedback on these updates.

Thanks
John

logo-dev-09.png logo-dev-10.png logo-dev-11.png logo-dev-12.png

Last edited by a moderator:
First one works for me. It looks much tighter with that font and reduced tracking, and I don't even mind the bar on the 'W'. ;)

Hi Guys. Im back again.I have done more refinement on the logo and come back with a few different options. I have tried an alternative with the logo mark outside the wording as a few have suggested it was confusing having it where it was. Would be great to get your feedback on this latest round.

Attachments

• jdwhite-logo-dev.PNG
    jdwhite-logo-dev.PNG
    113.8 KB · Views: 22
  • jdwhite-logo-dev.PNG
    jdwhite-logo-dev.PNG
    113.8 KB · Views: 17
EDIT - I Just saw your recent post and your 6 number looks super fine , easy to eye with good color combination

Back