Need Help/Advice With Branding ETC

TheCueStore

Hi,

I've been advised by someone on a Business Forum that the current flyer of The Cue Store fails AIDA at the A and it was suggested that I look for a graphic design forum and I came across this one. I'm sure everyone on here know what AIDA is so I don't need to explain that.

I was wondering someone on here could help/advice me on how to improve the branding, flyer etc off The Cue Store

Here is an album with all the current branding, flyer etc - The Cue Store Branding

Hi Justin, I think the main problem with the flyers is the 'I' – it's not particularly interesting, mainly due to a lack of hierarchy with the elements, a layout that doesn't make best use of the space, and centrally aligned text. Also the flyer looks as though it should be A4? If so, this is too big, standard size is A5.

I think the text needs to be more exciting, and the copy rewritten in a "salesy" way. You should be pushing that these products are only the best quality, British made, trying to convince customers why they should buy these products, and more importantly, why they should buy them from you!

Also, "British Made" implies that they're not actually made in Britain. If you want to add some emphasis to a term, you should just bold it instead.

Hi Justin, I think the main problem with the flyers is the 'I' – it's not particularly interesting, mainly due to a lack of hierarchy with the elements, a layout that doesn't make best use of the space, and centrally aligned text. Also the flyer looks as though it should be A4? If so, this is too big, standard size is A5.

I think the text needs to be more exciting, and the copy rewritten in a "salesy" way. You should be pushing that these products are only the best quality, British made, trying to convince customers why they should buy these products, and more importantly, why they should buy them from you!

Also, "British Made" implies that they're not actually made in Britain. If you want to add some emphasis to a term, you should just bold it instead.

Hi Paul,

Thanks for replying, by your reply you aren't that impressed with the design of the flyer I actually had some A5 printed up.

I didn't do any of the copy.

I'm not that impressed with the flyer etc now as I paid for them to be designed.

I think I need to find someone that can do a more professional design and "salesy" copy for the flyer.

What about the logo and business card design?

I actually quite like the logo. It's very much a website only logo, and I think it could be refined a bit (I'd make the lettering a different font and all the same height so you have a flat, table-like line across he top) but it's not too bad. I've seen much worse.

As for the business cards, I actually thought they were Powerpoint slides or something. I hate to say it, but they look like they were done by someone who owns a copy of Photoshop, rather than an actual designer.

If you're looking to get them redesigned, you can request a quote in our jobs section and designers form our community will get in touch.

You paid for that?? That could of been made in MS Word it is not good and in no way has it been designed. The 'Logo' isn't really a Logo now it is. Do a quick Google search on logos and you'll get the idea. What you have there is an image with some gradient text next to it. And the business card, again I would just be repeating what Paul said. Basically not much thought had been put into any of your branding. If you are looking for someone to do a professional job I would be happy to help, drop me a PM and I will message you my details.

I actually quite like the logo. It's very much a website only logo, and I think it could be refined a bit (I'd make the lettering a different font and all the same height so you have a flat, table-like line across he top) but it's not too bad. I've seen much worse.

As for the business cards, I actually thought they were Powerpoint slides or something. I hate to say it, but they look like they were done by someone who owns a copy of Photoshop, rather than an actual designer.

If you're looking to get them redesigned, you can request a quote in our jobs section and designers form our community will get in touch.

So basically I wasted my money on the flyer, business cards and logo?

You paid for that?? That could of been made in MS Word it is not good and in no way has it been designed. The 'Logo' isn't really a Logo now it is. Do a quick Google search on logos and you'll get the idea. What you have there is an image with some gradient text next to it. And the business card, again I would just be repeating what Paul said. Basically not much thought had been put into any of your branding. If you are looking for someone to do a professional job I would be happy to help, drop me a PM and I will message you my details.
Yeah I did pay for it.

Oh great guess it's going to be fresh start for The Cue Store.

Back