You are right we need to remove pop up. Already 6 people said that it is horrible.
As niche sites go, I'd worry that there might be too much focus on the reviews and pushing affiliate links. You might want to balance out the reviews with more advice and guides to attract traffic.
- Remove the newsletter pop up. It loads twice every time I view a page. These actually stop people doing the thing came to your site to do – read your content. Remove it and put your subscription form somewhere else that's easy to find.
- Don't disable right-click functionality, some people need this functionality for screen readers or accessibility reasons.
- You're lacking any description about what the site is about. I know it's about outdoor activities but what specifically is the purpose of the site? Is it just reviews? Tell me as soon as the page loads.
- You're lacking basic stuff like semantic HTML mark-up too. Why are your headings inside a span tag instead of the relevant H1, H2, H3 etc tags that they're designed for? You'll struggle to rank without mark-up search engines can read.
- I'd also change a lot of the microcopy. What does "Discover Category" mean? Why not something logical like "View all outdoor clothing"
- Your navigation links are a bit too generic too – "Hunting, Fishing, Camping." Something like "Hunting Guides" might be better. Give users context about what they're going to find on that page before they click.
- Your plugins are loading A LOT of CSS files into the header. This can really slow down you load speeds
The animation and graphics are very nice though and you've got some strong imagery.