Need Advice on Instagram Profile Pic Job

JonTheDesign

Hey guys,

I'm designing a profile picture for an instagram of an mma athlete.

I've had some pretty good attempts so far, I cannot attach them due to file size and copyright concerns. However, nothing has caught his eye.

I've been going with a close up of his face, kind of a dead expression, photo, that has been mildly caricatured and smudged in Photoshop. I've heard close ups of the face are the best to increase recognizability and visibility on instagram. So they say. Looks pretty good all things considered, like a painting. I've even put that iconic border around associated with instagram (just google instagram profile pic border).

He seems more interested in a photo that includes a karate move, such a kick still image, or punch. I've had the idea of him maybe throwing a punch out, holding it there, and then taking the shot from his knuckles to his face to include both. Theres alot of limitations to all this because of how small of a picture we're talking about.

So my questions are these: What martial arts moves or poses would you recommend I could photograph that would effectively get both the move and his face in one shot. These could also be shots from equipment in a gym, or really any sort of athletic context/scenery whatsoever. Props, equipment, etc. Really looking to brainstorm here before my next photoshoot.

And then finally, any resources for photoshop for the after photoshoot editing would be greatly appreciated from deviant or whatever. Any fonts come to mind, actions, textures, all of that goes along way. Again this is a theme of MMA, kind of darkish type photos and shots, and a lot of the color red (his color).

Thanks

So my questions are these: What martial arts moves or poses would you recommend I could photograph that would effectively get both the move and his face in one shot. These could also be shots from equipment in a gym, or really any sort of athletic context/scenery whatsoever. Props, equipment, etc. Really looking to brainstorm here before my next photoshoot.

Got to be a flying kick surely :D

main-qimg-fe6f473b5719c40df7812d7dec71a546.png

We used to do these types of stunts for photography stunts back in the day when I was fit and running a martial arts club.

Top tip: run off a table to do the flying kick, generates etc height for the photo and looks awesome!

Back