NE14KIT - Coming up with a Logo/Brand

NE14HOCKEY

Hi Folks,

I've had several domains which until now have been empty which form part of my ne14 family of sites.

The domain I am trying to create logos/brands for at the moment is ne14kit.com. The main user base target of the site is sports manufacturers/retailers.

Parts of the site will be used with ne14hockey but the site is a separate entity in its own right and needs to appeal to all sports not just field hockey.

I just wondered if anyone had any suggestions on what I could do in terms of a logo/branding. I had thought perhaps a pile of sports equipment like golf clubs, a t-shirt, football boot, football tennis racket above the word. Or perhaps somehow encorporating the globe as its intended to be used around the world.

Any help/pointers would be great. Thanks. :cool:

Here's a few questions that might help you with ideas and brainstorming...

What does NE14 stand for? What does it represent? What would ne14kit.com do differently to other suppliers? What's the unique selling point? What would make a customer choose you over a well established brand they have used before? How do you want the company to be perceived? Who is your target market, what do they like, what do they look for, what appeals to them?

1)What does NE14 stand for? Anyone for so anyone for hockey so it should be pronounced as ne-1-4-hockey or ne-1-4-kit

2) What would ne14kit.com do differently to other suppliers? Its not a supplier of physical goods but the data attached to them, images, prices, reviews, adverts.

3) What's the unique selling point? As above, I would go into more detail but I don't want to risk someone coming accross this a stealing the idea before I have the chance to launch it.

4) What would make a customer choose you over a well established brand they have used before? Hopefully because of 2) because of the tools we provide and the services which currently are not supplied by anyone else.

5) How do you want the company to be perceived? Up to date, young modern as the majority of supporting brands are in that category?

6) Who is your target market, what do they like, what do they look for, what appeals to them? We would be targeting manufacturers, sports retailers large and small who are looking to speed up and simplify their catalogues.

Right OK, so you're not a retailer direct to end customers, but more of a trade or business-to-business setup? Personally when I first read NE14 I didn't get 'anyone for' from it, that might have been just me missing it? I thought it was a postcode (But then again I'm not keen on names that have numbers substituted)

As for the USP, you seem to have a clear direction on what this is, now you need to communicate that advantage to your potential customers, at present I don't think the name successfully portrays this, wondering if there is a short, simple slogan/strapline you could associate with the name and logo to try and get this across?

Greg said:
Right OK, so you're not a retailer direct to end customers, but more of a trade or business-to-business setup? Personally when I first read NE14 I didn't get 'anyone for' from it, that might have been just me missing it? I thought it was a postcode (But then again I'm not keen on names that have numbers substituted)

its all about names that have numbers in... :p

I had thought about having more emphasis on the 4kit part of the name but then say it quickly and it sounds a bit like f**kit with an Irish twang.

We have had the same confusion with ne14hockey, they think we're based in the north east/newcastle. They get it as soon as you explain it but I think once the brand is established it may be a selling point, like a bad add campaign people will talk about it....

Back