Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'Introduction Forum:' started by Rogue, Jan 12, 2011.

1. Rogue

Rogue Junior Member

Hey, stumbled on this little gem by chance, just the place I need to fire me up again. Looking forward to posting & seeing some new work from you guys in here..
  2. Greg

Greg Active Member

Welcome aboard Rogue, if you care to expand on 'stumbled upon' by telling us how you found this little gem, your feedback would be appreciated :)

So, do you work as a designer at the moment? Or aspiring to be a designer?
  3. Jimlad

Jimlad Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum.
  4. Rogue

Rogue Junior Member

lol.... beat you to it...;) first thing I did after I signed up...
    Funny thing, I was looking at some of your Ibiza Rocks work & it took me here. Good job.

I'm aspiring at the moment, I finished a HND a while ago & I've had a few small freelance jobs.... stuff mainly for friends of a friend & family. I'm trying to get myself back in the game, been a while since I did anything graphical so I figured nows a good time to get inspired.

Just noticed ur from Kent, nice to meet a fellow kentishman online.
  5. Greg

Greg Active Member

Cool, sounds good, and nothing like a community of designers to get you inspired?! I think :)
    Where abouts in Kent are you based? I did my degree at UCCA in Maidstone
  6. Chris Lord

Chris Lord Senior Member

So did I Greg!! When were you there?!
  7. Greg

Greg Active Member

Small world! and I was there from 2005/6-08, yourself?
    I did a new (at the time) vocational course, Graphic Media, not sure if they're still offering it.
  8. Thewholehogg

Thewholehogg Active Member

All these peeps from Kent...Jeezz Greg.
  9. Chris Lord

Chris Lord Senior Member

I think I graduated in 2009?! Yeah, that sounds right....

I new someone the year below you then called Natasha. I was a little unsure about that course but it was definitely more vocational than the course I was on (BA Graphic Design). They has a bit of an issue with the teacher in the last year because he was grading his students far higher than they should be in comparison to the other courses and level of work. People were coming away with 1st left, right and centre!
  10. Greg

Greg Active Member

I left after the second year, so was more like a HND, but called a foundation degree I think, I don't recall a Natasha, she may have been in the year below me. I did hear a few rumours about the grading after I'd left, with our first two years the work was graded by a range of tutors but think it was just down to one for that final year.

I was interested in doing the BA in Graphic Design, but was trying to combine some web design work too, so the Graphic Media course allowed me to 'pick & mix' modules a bit :)

Typo - I know, we'll be needing a Kentish translator for all you Northerners soon :p
  11. Thewholehogg

Thewholehogg Active Member

What is the Kent accent anyways?
  12. Chris Lord

Chris Lord Senior Member

Firstly, I'm not from Kent! And secondly I would say, from an outside perspective, with no disrespect or snootyness?! but it isn't generally very nice, quite crass and common! haha But I'm sure Greg's accent is just wonderful!!

I think now, in retrospect, I may have been a little more interested in your course, but I'm still in two minds. I would be nice to do something more vocational, but then again, I don't really want to design dog biscuit packaging!! I did manage to incorporate some web into my projects, as you were quite free to write your own briefs in the latter part of the course.
  13. Greg

Greg Active Member

I don't really know, not sure if we've got one?
    EDIT: I stand corrected...

Ahhh, you're thinking of the large chav population! :rolleyes:

Hahaha, I opted for the seeds packaging project on that module (nod)
  14. Chris Lord

Chris Lord Senior Member

Yep! A surprisingly large population! Honestly massive! haha It was quite disheartening to see a pretty girl walk along, then as soon as she opens her mouth, it's a deal breaker! Not that was a deal in the first place :( haha

Maybe you should've stayed on for the last year and you may have been knighted at the end of it! ha
  15. Greg

Greg Active Member

Haha, all you needed was Noel Edmonds presenting and you've got yourself a whole different luck based game show!

Ahh knew I should have stayed, it was the choice of a job offer for an agency in Ashford or staying on for the knighthood, now I know I made the wrong decision :(
  16. Chris Lord

Chris Lord Senior Member

Me: "Noel, I choose Big Boobs number 1 please"

Noel: "Big boobs number 1 please open your mouth"

Big Boobs number 1: "Bla bla blaaa I'm an idiot...."

Me: "I preferred Deal or No Deal"

Noel: "Does that mean I can have her?"
  17. Greg

Greg Active Member

You've even got a script for the pilot episode, it's a winner :D
  18. Rogue

Rogue Junior Member

I'm not really based anywhere at the mo... I need to set myself up. I did my HND in Canterbury, it was an affliated course with Norwich University & graduated in 08 was thinking of doing a BA top up after a year out then went travelling. It's been a while.... lol

Edit: Just wanted to say I'm very impressed with the site here, There are some very talented people around & a lot of proffessionals here too, well done DF, you've certainly got a top class community growing here.... I'm chuffed to find this place & I get the feeling I'm gonna be contributing a lot.
  19. Gaz

Gaz Member

Greg, wasn't there a Natasha who sat near you for the first few months and then disappeared? No one really knew her.

As for the voice, Greg sounds a bit camp. But he's particularly good and making up words in speeches; they're so convincing most people don't question whether they're real.
  20. Greg

Greg Active Member

That was Natalie not Natasha, & lol thanks :)