Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

n00b here

Discussion in 'Introduction Forum:' started by scotttenerson, Jun 3, 2010.

1. scotttenerson

scotttenerson Junior Member

Hello all, New to the forum, just thought i'd say hello.

I'm relatively new to the field but enjoyed design for about 6 years now (i'm 20). I started working with a local Tv station about a year ago, designing adverts, backgrounds, logos.... for them.

Now i'm working with a magazine publishing company, helping out with the designs of magazines and doing a bit of web work when it's needed. Since i've been here (2 months) i've found it difficult to get ideas for layouts, because most are the same and working on 8 different magazines or booklets gets difficult because you have to keep thinking of something new for practically the exact same thing every day.

Does anyone have any helpful links where i can find some good layouts or read up about this kind of work?

Thanks. x
  2. Harry

Harry Senior Member

3. welcome to the forum Scott :)
  4. Renniks

Renniks Senior Member

Welcome to the forum :)
  5. Jimlad

Jimlad Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum.
  6. Tom Sound

Tom Sound Active Member

Hi Scott :up:
  7. berry

berry Active Member

welcome to DF
  8. allyally2k

allyally2k Senior Member

9. Becky

Becky Member

Welcome :)
  10. allyally2k

allyally2k Senior Member

Aww that's a cute avatar Becky!
  11. Becky

Becky Member

Thanks :D It's a photo I took at the weekend. rbryant on deviantART
  12. allyally2k

allyally2k Senior Member

Ahh excellent, some very good shots! I've just been for a walk got a few shots of some [ame=""]Great Ayton Sheep on Flickr - Photo Sharing!@@AMEPARAM@@[/ame]!
  13. Becky

Becky Member

oops, thread derail!

cute sheep, love the expression on the first one!

My camera's a bit broken at the moment, needs a new focusing screen, good job it's a cheap fix, itching to try out my new 50mm prime lense :)
  14. allyally2k

allyally2k Senior Member

Oops yep just a little! Blame the animals!

So magazine inspiration... how about looking at mags that you would never normally look at might see something that sparks an idea off. Yeah and try amazon for some books dedicated to mag layouts
  15. Becky

Becky Member

16. Aarlev

Aarlev Member

Welcome to DF! :)