myspace layout crit

mrp2049

testg2.jpg

at the moment I have got this, i sent it to the client (name removed, but it sits at the bottom of the image) and they have asked for some neon colours to be added.

I am stumped, I have tried changing the background, looks bad, I have tried adding detail to the background, I have tried changing the text colour....

basically I am stuck and hoping someone can give me a bright idea....

PLEASE PLEASE! someone throw me an idea!!!

thanks

WoW! a Rickenbacker and a Fender Precision Bass - two bass tones and guitars that in theory should not exist in the same room or picture! I'm intrigued...
So what's is the brief or the problem, need more info to help

Berry said:
WoW! a Rickenbacker and a Fender Precision Bass - two bass tones and guitars that in theory should not exist in the same room or picture! I'm intrigued...
So what's is the brief or the problem, need more info to help

the band have 2 bassist and a drummer, that is it. I'll post the link to the band once the layout is done. and sometimes when they play live, its a squire p-bass and a fender jazz, even more random!

there wasnt really a brief in the first place, just sort us a myspace, there were lots of photos and this was the best one to help communicate what they are about.

they like it, but they would love some bright, gaudy colours in there somewhere.

tim-ater said:
fancy attaching it to thumbnail, so it's not so chuffin huge on load up? :)

sorry, cue hanging head in shame, to used to invasion boards with auto reducing! changed! :clap:

that's cool :) and i like it! but where's the main content?

btw, do you make your own textures, or find them elsewhere? :) im intrigued, everyone has brilliant textures!

tim-ater said:
that's cool :) and i like it! but where's the main content?

btw, do you make your own textures, or find them elsewhere? :) im intrigued, everyone has brilliant textures!

the main content starts just below the main image with a photo i took and the music player, i'm not doing too much to the main layout, I dont like to, personal preference.

there are a few banners, but they all have names on them and I want to keep this nameless atm, nothing personal.

textures, I combine a bit of my own stuff, photos, scans etc, combined with free downloads of texture, and then add some detail through photoshop process.

great tutorial on how to make textures here

I reckon something simple. On my static PS web designs, I usually use a layer with a Mac OS X Mouse pointer resting over an element. You can show rollovers nicely this way. Why not make the nav's rollover different neon colours?

jHouse said:
I reckon something simple. On my static PS web designs, I usually use a layer with a Mac OS X Mouse pointer resting over an element. You can show rollovers nicely this way. Why not make the nav's rollover different neon colours?

thats a good idea! i hadnt thought of! thanks!

Back