myspace checking/crit

looks pretty good to me (firefox - osx) quiet a lot of scrolling before the content though...

are you aloud to lose the ad?... #tkn_leaderboardDiv {display:none !important;}

The add is supposed to override, it does in safari, i'll go back to the code.

Sadly now it has to be even further before you get to content! They aren't happy with that and want more detail!

well the link is still the same, but I have now upgraded it with the layout as they asked for.

And now it is miles before anything happens!

I am inclined to agree with andy, that it is one hell of a long way before anything happens though

The artwork is defo nice.

The Ad doesn't show now! Are you able to lose the blank header space at the top? that might help the scrolling slightly?

My other thought is if you are able to use anchors? then maybe move the nav above the image (linked to you anchor points) so you can skip straight to where you wanna be?

Having said all that... maybe it's not even an issue as internet users are more and more familiar/used to/expecting to scroll on a page so the content above the 'fold' is less important? I guess myspace users would probably be very used to scrolling?

I generally try to keep most the important stuff above the 'fold' but its not a hard and fast rule and I try not to let it dictate entirely!

I'm not even sure you can use anchors on myspace? I might have to check that.

I think i might change the header length slightly, its set at masthead rather than topbanner, so it shouldnt be a problem. I'll try that later/once I've slept!

Wow i didn't know myspace could look like this! I like it, I just think the heading is too large...other than that, it actually makes myspace look attractive!

I think thats the first Myspace page that doesn't scare me to my soul :) so good on ya Mike :)

I'm bumping this in vain of a few pairs of fresh eyes. I have a problem at the moment too!

The menu below the advert (has to be there) is hidden in IE, and I genuinely have no idea why! You can see it in safari, firefox and opera (yes you heard me opera!), yet when ever i check it in IE, I cant see the home menu banner. That really needs to be there!

Any ideas anyone?

myspace taught me a good lesson about design, 99.9% of people have absolutely no clue what so ever. Im glad facebook took away the css/themes crap that ruined myspace.

nice work though.

Back