My website thus far...

rm designs

Ok first off .... I am very new to website building & only really now the basics. I have made this site in iWeb, hate it or love it its got me this far lol. Site needs much more work but here goes -

www.rmdesigns.co.uk

:icon_smile:

It's a great start, i really like the simple navigation and your images look great.

It is very top heavy at the moment with the header taking up quite a lot of the space, I would make the black box thinner, or maybe have your logo black in black type(If your branding isn't strictly white on black of course)

Maybe add another row of work, you have the width but the space isn't quite right with the length of the page.

It's a great start, i really like the simple navigation and your images look great.

It is very top heavy at the moment with the header taking up quite a lot of the space, I would make the black box thinner, or maybe have your logo black in black type(If your branding isn't strictly white on black of course)

Maybe add another row of work, you have the width but the space isn't quite right with the length of the page.

Thank you for the feedback - much appreciated :)

Interesting visuals and great clients... good job!

Now the problem - Adobe Muse.
I have used Muse before and it continues to be disappointing, particularly the backend code. Once you start in Muse, you are stuck in Muse. Why not go for something much superior like "Squarespace", it's worthy for business and personal.

I don't believe your website is fully perfected, for example try incorporating a sticky navigation bar, so when users scroll down your site the menu navigation is better accessible. Your website feels 'heavy' on a tablet, the scrolling is not seamless.

Sorry for the bad points but I want your website to match your talent.

Thanks for the feedback and all constructive comments are welcome - helps me adjust & make a better website. I really like the square space templates & themes but really really wanted to do it myself. I know the finish isn't as good but hay at least i can say 'i made this'.

I am in the early stages of muse & hoping the site will grow the more i learn. Muse can apparently (yet to learn this) make mobile & tablet versions of your site. This one is just for desktops so hopefully the mobile version will scroll better??

if these are the only comments - then fantastic, i can hopefully correct them & make a better site.

Thanks again.

I'd stop what you're doing with Muse straightaway. It's not a good way moving forward.

You should learn to code by hand, typing code, building CSS and HTML and learning everything to do with all of that first.

Later on when you're good at coding you can move to software to assist you, like Dreamweaver or other HTML building programs.

But having a working knowledge of hand coding HTML and CSS is a must.

Back