My site has been hacked again

Aarlev

My site keeps getting hacked with fecking Iframe hacks. :cry:

It's running on Wordpress and I've installed the antivirus plugin which is supposed to remove Iframe hacks but I keep getting them. I have to remove them manually everytime and it's driving me nuts!

Is there anything else I can do about this? I've changed all passwords and everything I can think of but my site has been brought down 3 imes in the last few days. Is it my host that is too lax on the security side or can I do anything else to improve security?

Soren, I would talk to your host if you keep getting hacked.. it might be that one of the ports are open or some sort of FTP problem which is open etc etc :( sorry you keep getting hacked mate.. I hope that you get it sorted :D

Thanks Chris. I've contacted my host and they got the site up again but it keeps getting attacked and was down 2 hours later. I've changed FTP passwords and so on but little did it help. :(

I'm going to change to another hosting company and use some form of encrypted FTP app instead cause this is just driving me insane. I'm gonna drink some red wine now, drown my sorrows and curse at the little wankers who created these iframe things! :mad: :)

That sucks Soren, i would recommend OpenMind :D I'm with them :D definitely worth the money :D

As Chris says above Openmind are good, I have a number of sites running WP and no problems at all, saying that you may have just had bad luck where a link to your site has been posted and bringing these unwanted visitors/attacks!

Maybe we could ask Phil from Openmind about the server side of things and whether that would have any effect... I'll drop him a PM and refer him to this thread see what he thinks ;)

Greg

Greg said:
As Chris says above Openmind are good, I have a number of sites running WP and no problems at all, saying that you may have just had bad luck where a link to your site has been posted and bringing these unwanted visitors/attacks!

Maybe we could ask Phil from Openmind about the server side of things and whether that would have any effect... I'll drop him a PM and refer him to this thread see what he thinks ;)

Greg

Thanks a lot Greg. Greatly appreciated! :up:

I gave up with Wordpress, I got non stop spam, I installed available plugin and still couldt get rid of them all.

seems to work ok for me (touch wood) but I can see how it would make people want to tear their hair out at times :(

Back