My portfolio is up for a critique

br3n said:
thats the shortest code related post hes ever made! it must be pretty spot on!! :p lol

lol that's what I was thinking :lol: the coding must be good!
You should be very happy Michael!

Berry said:
Nice work.....some Left field advice tho. ( and take it like a man!)

Print based is great, and stick to design first and application second. Let the 'design' do the work, the hands on application is a limitation that anyone could do, so degrade the showcasing of work by the limitation of your ability. If someone can do it better, then pay them to make you shine. Always find the shortest most expedient route to the objective. Then you wont be working 18 hours a day. Be careful you don't get distracted between 'doing' and 'getting it done' Great start - but always ask 'Who's the BEST person to do the job. get the drift? This is constructive not destructive advice.

Cheers Berry, some good advice there for everyone. TBH I just needed something up quickly for now as a showcase and I knew I could pull off a one-page folio. The feedback so far has been mostly positive so I'm quite happy :)

Wise words and I've taken them on board, thank you.

VertigoSFX said:
By the way, how come you happen to have the same name as the movie Michael Clayton? That's pretty funny.

Hey Vertigo, I was here first haha, movie second. (they could've chosen a better looking actor to play me though, don't ya think? :p)

Thanks for the kind words! A couple of people have said about the navigation now so I'll see what I can do :)

Jazajay said:
Code wise I wouldn't beat your self up TBH the way you where saying it made me think it was a total mess, it is very clean, extremely semantically correct, maybe a bit ott on the comments and too much spacing removing those would reduce the page size, but they are very minor. the coding is close to exceptional IMO.

Thanks for going through my humble code Jazajay :) I was expecting worse than that! I'll make those changes you recommend.

br3n said:
thats the shortest code related post hes ever made! it must be pretty spot on!! lol

Haha I know man, phew!

@Br3n
I knew someone was going to make that comment, thought it would have been Tim or Aarlev, TBH. :lol:.

i like it alot. a lot a lot. just wish i'd have thought of it first TBH!

The work's presented pretty well too, and everything grabs you when you open it up... especially with a 1700x1200px screen (or something similar)

lol, so a complete freak. I went through about 5 design ideas though, before I decided to screw it and go for the current one.

got an insane amount of visitors recently... so thanks to DF :D

Back