My Personal Brand Identity

GibbonIt

Hey Guys,
Just created a draft concept for my personal identity: Ben Gibbons.

Looking for some initial feedback. I created an idea last week which is my website placeholder image, but looking for a slightly modern one, like shown below.

I appreciate your response in advance.
Ben

Attachments

• BenGibbons.png
    BenGibbons.png
    422 KB · Views: 69
seems out of proportion... looks too wide to me and the curvatures of the B seem unbalanced.

Is that meant to be a paper fold, if it is then it gets lost at smaller sizes for me, it just looks like a diagonal line with a slightly darker grey under it.

Also don't think it's as strong as the 'it' one you've got already.

Levi said:
seems out of proportion... looks too wide to me and the curvatures of the B seem unbalanced.

Is that meant to be a paper fold, if it is then it gets lost at smaller sizes for me, it just looks like a diagonal line with a slightly darker grey under it.

Also don't think it's as strong as the 'it' one you've got already.
Thanks for the feedback Levi. Its not meant to be a paper fold, just an abstract 'B', but I can see where you are coming from. I am keeping the 'it' logo for my digital company, this is just a personal one. Thanks again for the feedback.

Would be interested to hear others opinions too :)
Cheers

GibbonIt said:
Hey Guys,

Just created a draft concept for my personal identity: Ben Gibbons.

Looking for some initial feedback. I created an idea last week which is my website placeholder image, but looking for a slightly modern one, like shown below.

I appreciate your response in advance.

Ben
I really quite like that pal. I'm often a fan of the chunky solid typography. Gradient are often hard to use within logos but like the way it helps create the B.

Gotta love the collection of colours. I always like the clean and vibrant look.

Maybe try a touch of variation in the typography for your name, like a touch different colour shade or just a slight change in weight.

DavoSmith said:
I really quite like that pal. I'm often a fan of the chunky solid typography. Gradient are often hard to use within logos but like the way it helps create the B.

Gotta love the collection of colours. I always like the clean and vibrant look.

Maybe try a touch of variation in the typography for your name, like a touch different colour shade or just a slight change in weight.
Thanks mate :)

Thanks for the idea about the typography, perhaps I will experiment with making either the 'Ben' or 'Gibbons' the light version of the font, will experiment when I get the chance.
Cheers

Back