Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Personal Brand Identity

Discussion in 'Graphic Design & Logo Design Critique:' started by GibbonIt, Apr 26, 2013.

1. GibbonIt

GibbonIt Member

Hey Guys,
    Just created a draft concept for my personal identity: Ben Gibbons.

Looking for some initial feedback. I created an idea last week which is my website placeholder image, but looking for a slightly modern one, like shown below.

I appreciate your response in advance.

Attached Files:

DavoSmith likes this.
  2. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

seems out of proportion... looks too wide to me and the curvatures of the B seem unbalanced.

Is that meant to be a paper fold, if it is then it gets lost at smaller sizes for me, it just looks like a diagonal line with a slightly darker grey under it.

Also don't think it's as strong as the 'it' one you've got already.
  3. GibbonIt

GibbonIt Member

Thanks for the feedback Levi. Its not meant to be a paper fold, just an abstract 'B', but I can see where you are coming from. I am keeping the 'it' logo for my digital company, this is just a personal one. Thanks again for the feedback.

Would be interested to hear others opinions too :)
  4. DavoSmith

DavoSmith Member

I really quite like that pal. I'm often a fan of the chunky solid typography. Gradient are often hard to use within logos but like the way it helps create the B.

Gotta love the collection of colours. I always like the clean and vibrant look.

Maybe try a touch of variation in the typography for your name, like a touch different colour shade or just a slight change in weight.
    GibbonIt likes this.
  5. GibbonIt

GibbonIt Member

Thanks mate :)

Thanks for the idea about the typography, perhaps I will experiment with making either the 'Ben' or 'Gibbons' the light version of the font, will experiment when I get the chance.
  6. Tony Hardy

Tony Hardy Guest

Like the B shape Ben, looks very nice. Although can't help but feel it's a little similar to this? DC Comics Logo
  7. DavoSmith

DavoSmith Member

I thought of that too Tony, but in a way, I prefer Bens "B"

Hows the branding going Ben??