My Passion

INSPIRE

Hi Guys,

Thought as well as asking for some advice, I would share some of my photos and would be happy to answer any queries if you had them. It goes without saying, happy for you to give as much crit as you like, harsh is fine.

Kit wise I shoot with a Nikon D3, Nikon D200, Fuji S5 Pro and Mamiya RB67 Medium Format Film camera. I have *most* of the best Nikon glass you can get, up to 200mm, and lots of filters, flashes, and other accessories. I am fairly obsessed with Photography and spend most hours doing something related to it. I picked up my first camera about 20 months ago, so it's been a quick freefall into complete obsession.

Hope you enjoy!! Some others can be seen at EgoPimp - Love Me (tounge firmly in cheek!), or Flickr: EdinburghGary's Photostream

20090715090609_bridges.jpg

20090628231231_elgol.jpg

20090702124157_elgoldaylight.jpg

20090519080601_the-lighthouse.jpg

20090530194605_boats-at-salen.jpg

20090202210908_the%20road....to%20hell.jpg

20090218204925_rooooar%21.jpg

20090725184552_lesspurple.jpg

3762296923_b14733bd8d_o.jpg

20090728194924_colourburst-1080.jpg

20090810083625_car.jpg

20090710153242_boat-at-sunset-3.jpg

I understand my photos are completely OTT in certain ways, but that's just the way I like it. The good news is, MOSTLY done in camera, with TINY amounts of processing!! (8 & 9 are exceptions).

Gary.

I have numero 6 printed at 8ft :D

I can sort it out for you, what resolution you on? It's a year old or so, will be archived on one of a few drives so gimme a wee while to find it.

Gary.

WOW is all I can say Gary... thats amazing! How much do you charge for weddings :D

Right, better choose which I like the best :D

For the wallpaper format I think 5, 6 & 10 work best. (I use a wallpaper slideshow program, so it flicks between a few randomly :) )

My resolution is 1280x1024.

If you're too busy no worries :)

I will sort it out for you Xanon, as soon as I locate the files.

Cheers :) And thanks everyone else too.

Gary.

LOL this is funny.. how many people are going to have new wallpapers :p LOL

INSPIRE said:
I understand my photos are completely OTT in certain ways, but that's just the way I like it. .

I like my photos OTT too so these are just up my street :up: I'd let you know which is my favourite but I can't decide!

These all look stunning. And since everyone is making requests, could I get picture 3 in a higher resolution? I'm only interested in the top part for my wallpaper, so I'll just cut out the bottom and make it fit. Won't redistribute it or anything ;)

Good stuff, keep it coming.

EDIT: actually... would you mind if anyone (I'm referring mainly to myself) would use one of your pictures and Photoshop it up to a nice wallpaper? I, for one, would give you full credit for the picture, including a visible link on the wallpaper itself.

At this rate Gary might as well just dump links to all of them at high res in a ftp folder somewhere :p :lol:

Was going to say the same chris, If he has the time to find them all in high res, just chuck them up somewhere haha :D

Must feel good to have so many admiring people :D

I get a lot of nice feedback for my photography and it's good to know I can produce images people enjoy. I do get the odd person who tells me I stink, and that's OK too as I normally pick their brains to ensure I understand what it is I can improve upon.

I will find the files ASAP, I will be going out for dinner shortly - a long drive, but when home, will dig them out.

Gary.

renniks said:
Must feel good to have so many admiring people :D
Omg Mark! Your avatar is so awesome! How did you come up with the idea of shooting him in that pose? It's just genius! Oh, how I admire you :eek:

Good enough? :p

INSPIRE said:
I get a lot of nice feedback for my photography and it's good to know I can produce images people enjoy. I do get the odd person who tells me I stink, and that's OK too as I normally pick their brains to ensure I understand what it is I can improve upon.

I will find the files ASAP, I will be going out for dinner shortly - a long drive, but when home, will dig them out.

Gary.
No rush Gary, whenever you're free :)

Hey Gary,

I'm not a big fan of the style and I think they're bordering on tacky. I just prefer more conceptual stuff if you're going to do OTT (ala David Lachapelle). They look like something I've seen a million times before and there's no story being told, just seem like random shots taken on a really good camera/lens with some HDR and some Photoshop skills. Some of the angles are good though and you've got some great technical skills

Sorry for being harsh, this is just my personal opinion..(and you did say we could kick you in the balls:p)

Back