My Passion

Aarlev said:
Hey Gary,

I'm not a big fan of the style and I think they're bordering on tacky. I just prefer more conceptual stuff if you're going to do OTT (ala David Lachapelle). They look like something I've seen a million times before and there's no story being told, just seem like random shots taken on a really good camera/lens with some HDR and some Photoshop skills. Some of the angles are good though and you've got some great technical skills

Sorry for being harsh, this is just my personal opinion..(and you did say we could kick you in the balls:p)

God damnit, I thought I was on for a home run! :D

Thanks for being honest. The only shots with really OTT processing are the two HDR's, and to a lesser degree, the mega long exposure with rainbow sky. The rest I promise are EXTREMELY close to in camera. I arse about with Photoshop and Capture NX 2, but do not really know much about the programs. What I do though, is rely heavily on filters to get insane colour saturation, and also, I opt for in camera custom white balance.

The first two shots for example, both are more or less out of camera. A quick levels adjust to remove dead space from the histogram, and an in camera white balance. 16 stops of filter created the possibility of massively long exposures.

Again, thanks for being honest. I do admire the photographer you mention, he is a bit of a legend. Maybe one day :D

Gary.

2 of them are HDR's, one of them is quite heavily photoshopped, the rest are extremely close to IN CAMERA.

Gary.

Fred said:
Right, better choose which I like the best :D

For the wallpaper format I think 5, 6 & 10 work best. (I use a wallpaper slideshow program, so it flicks between a few randomly :) )

My resolution is 1280x1024.

If you're too busy no worries :)
If you do get time to sort out the wallpapers if you could email me them on fred [underscore] rivett [(at)] yahoo [dot] co [uk] that would be appreciated :D

blown away! have added you to my flickr list. I got my first Camera about 2 month ago, and you can tell :)

Hi 5.
D3 - some serious kit. I use a D200 mainly, can you tell a difference between images of similar type?
E.g. If printed on a 10x8 photo I mean?

Back