My own Logo!

cololoco

Hy i'm designing my own Logo, and would like some constructive feedbacks for people like you!!
You also need to know, that i'm Red heared and i've freckles, wanted the logo to represent me!

Attachments

• logo3.pdf
    68.6 KB · Views: 79
Hi cololoco

Some initial thoughts:

The head looks a bit out of proportion with the rest of the text. An obvious thing to do for me is to combine the two and have the head as an 'o'.

The head 'o' and hair blend together and isn't obvious you are hinting at your gingerness. Make the head 'o' and facial features black and keep the hair red?

The name 'colo' feels a bit big compared to 'design'. I would reduce 'colo' down a bit and make 'design' a bit bigger to get a nicer balance. And if you're keeping the head red I'd make 'colo' black to give emphasis to the red head.

But that's all arbitrary as we don't know what you do, how you do it, and who for.

Thank's lee, I'll will try your "COLO" black advise... for the black head and red hair... i just din't think it blend well enough.
More information about me:I'm a graphic designer, starting his career, and AAAAA!!!!, almost forgot, the meaning of the word COLO: "COLO" is an abbreviation of the word "COLORADO", meaning ginger in spanish... all my life i've been called that way.
Thanks for your surely precious time Lee!!

No problem. Just some personal thoughts, might not even be appropriate!

Or... just a big wave of red hair over one of the 'o's? Keep it simple.

Look forward to seeing your developments.

all I'm going to say is this picture :)

for those that don't know it's jason voorhees from friday the 13th

Attachments

• jason_voorhees.jpg
    jason_voorhees.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 10
Jajajajaja, OMG!, what a funny similarity!..., but i think my logo needs exactly four more freckles to look just like Jason... i really appreciate your comparision... any recomendations???
Ok, Lee i've working on your recomendations and i must say, making the character more like an "O", on the stroke was absolutely right in my eyes!, great call!, also make the COLO smaller, and you have it on black and red.
Waiting for feedbacks!, thanks a lot Lee and Levi!

Attachments

• logo31.png
    logo31.png
    16.7 KB · Views: 8
  • logo32.png
    logo32.png
    16 KB · Views: 8
  • logo33.png
    logo33.png
    19.4 KB · Views: 6
Your 'face' looks like the hockey mask from Friday the 13th, not a good look is it....

It was the first thing I thought of when I saw it, so it doesn't need the extra freckles

Hy Levi... there is no doubt you're right about Jason, and i've atached an example of how my logo looks without the freckles. dedefinitely great, but in the mid time, i've doing some research too, and i want your opinion about this... isn't it too similar to the "face.com" logo?? in the case it is check out my other example, i've move the freckles away from each other more in the cheeks, not completely solving the problem but it kind of make it less Jason looking.
I've wanted to say also that i think that that freckle touch, makes my face logo different from others... if anyone have any ideas on how to put freckles without Jason looking just waiting to hear them...

Attachments

• logo333.png
    logo333.png
    17.8 KB · Views: 2
  • logo332.png
    logo332.png
    16.9 KB · Views: 3
Hey cololoco

You slightly misunderstood me... make a face out of one of the 'colo' 'o's.

Also, how about making the freckles red, then they'll look less like holes.

And... please do something with the word design. It looks a bit, uh, dull.

you could easily make a face out of colo, might even be what leelovesbikestoo is thinking.
The C would be the shape of the face, the O's would be the eyes and the L could be a nose.

Hey guys, first of all thank you very much for the help
looking at the black color as hole color, as taken me to Jason color, decided to change it , and with it also the red color...., tried also a yellow background, and i think it looks good... waiting feedbacks
The COLO face, a thought about it and did it in early steps of my logo, im posting it, but isnt it too much LG logo?, also i think with it i have to write COLO again, couse people may not read that in that face...
Thanx a lot and waiting for feedbacks

I personally prefer the first of the three. Levi has a good idea with the face from the word but looking at the word myself I would make the C an ear, then the rest as levi said, perhaps with some pupils in the Os making the word look in a certain direction (i'd go for up just for imagery). Then if you want the hair, just put it above the word but I think keep it separate as you want to keep the word readable, too much alteration to the lettering and things could go bad.

Thanks everyone for the feeds!
First of all Ben... tride to play with the face, c as an ear and stuff... even tried design as a mouth... doesn't work for my point of view, ill post it nearly, and i really thank your feed.
Lee, i'm posting one example with your color choice... seeing it.. don't you think that the red hair is like, not there???, maybe is just me allready seeing too much this logo!!!!!!, jajaja
thanks for the feeds.... but for the first design on the 14 post is getting there

Attachments

• logo401.png
    logo401.png
    7.1 KB · Views: 7
I like the concept of this latest logo but feel the type is still a bit weak - needs beefing up. Try to find a font that will be unique, whether you tweak one you like or get searching for something used a little less widely. There are so many to choose from :)

Like the concept but again im not keen on the type.
Im not an expert on type or logo'sso can't really advise much in that area but the type definitley isnt working for me. x

Back