My new 'temporary' site up and running!

GilmoreVisuals

So, after a helpful prompt from my girlfriend saying I needed to sort out my site here is my 3 page site. It's just showcasing my work, not really trying to get freelance work through the door, as i'm working for a design company. It's just saying i'm here. New business cards have been ordered today so the pics will be in a couple weeks. Should all be working on mobile devices too.
http://www.alexgilmore.co.uk/
Oh... also got rid of the whole 'Gilmore Visuals' I was branded as. It's still live (www.gilmorevisuals.co.uk) but just links to the alexgilmore one.
Anyway, a bit curious to what people think?
PS. Yep, It's 'temporary' because it's a Google Site hosted etc but it's completely free for me and I don't want to keep the hosting going for now.

Alex Gilmore said:
So, after a helpful prompt from my girlfriend saying I needed to sort out my site here is my 3 page site. It's just showcasing my work, not really trying to get freelance work through the door, as i'm working for a design company. It's just saying i'm here. New business cards have been ordered today so the pics will be in a couple weeks. Should all be working on mobile devices too.
http://www.alexgilmore.co.uk/
Oh... also got rid of the whole 'Gilmore Visuals' I was branded as. It's still live (www.gilmorevisuals.co.uk) but just links to the alexgilmore one.
Anyway, a bit curious to what people think?
PS. Yep, It's 'temporary' because it's a Google Site hosted etc but it's completely free for me and I don't want to keep the hosting going for now.
Looks good Alex! I like the minimalism of it :)
Just got back home now, but should be able to give some more detailed feedback tomorrow :)
(Followed you on Twitter too - Shows social media integration helps!)

As a temp site it's fine but I think the site font is too small on 'about you' and I'd still personally go for a contact form over email addresses (spam) even with it being (AT)ified

Levi said:
As a temp site it's fine but I think the site font is too small on 'about you' and I'd still personally go for a contact form over email addresses (spam) even with it being (AT)ified
Agree with Levi, especially about the form on the contact page. :)

Pull yer trousers up boy!
It's a nice little portfolio site for sure, I can only really echo Levi's comments though. It's nice but there's not a whole lot there, and yes, get a contact form installed :)
Side notes... I think the area designated to displaying your logo and name is a little large, the large images dwarf everything else on the page, including the small navigation and the small about me text at the bottom. My only other comments are that you need to fill your portfolio up a little bit and I think that your personal branding photos are a little messy, rough and unevenly lit.
Also you need to fix the favicon :)

Amen to the need of a favicon Sean! The branding pics were done for college work, but yeah, when my new BC arrive they shall be replaced.
Thanks for the follow Ben, I was sure I was already following you, but yeah, now I am!
.....as for the contact form.. hehe... it is with google sites as I said, so there are more limitations than normal. I'm not too sure what options I even have - any suggestions?

Thanks for the feedback so far! :)

Hey Alex, nice site indeed, simple design but it works really well.
With you being a perfectionist and all I thought you might like to know that you missed the S off the end of pixels here "such as type kerning or moving an image a few pixel to the right." ;)

New business cards added on!

Alex%20Gilmore%20BC%20Logo.JPG

Alex%20Gilmore%20Business%20Card%20Designer.JPG

Back