My New Portfolio Site

The only thing I found odd was the gmail address instaed of an @ormanclark.com

also clicking the freebies has that annoying box popup, but then if there isn't a setion yet it's kinda a good way to do it.

flash git! - very nice!

I don't think a single page is great for SEO but don't rly know how you've pull it in through ajax. I think you can have a nav with your pages separated and returnfalse on the links then you google still rates the pages individually but again not sure on the best practice

I'm with everyone else that its nice.

I do have a little concern with the arrow at the top, I was trying to click it at the beginning before scrolling down, expecting maybe the menu to disappear.

I also think you need to somehow show you can scroll down, as it wasn't that obvious in my opinion.

Nice site, identical navigation to the Armadillo site though.
At the time we could work out how to combine the horizontal movement of the portfolio section into the overall vertical scrolling.

( is this in conjunction with Renniks, who wants to do a similar navigation thing? )

Lot of Lorum Ipsum in the portfolio section which casts authenticity over the work and the methods

Also on home page it is spelt "wittier"

As far as I can tell you do not have any websites in your portfolio that are live. They're either in development or the link onto it takes you to the site that doesn't use your design.

I think that makes you look bad, and for that reason if it were dragons den I'd be out!

Is this work designs that we're chosen or...?

@Berry The srolling horizonal/vertical is easy! all you need are a few jquery plugins!http://www.designforums.co.uk/members/berry.html

Indeed Im interested in this method of navigation, though I would prefer the method where it jumps to the next 'box' where all of them have their own navigation bar. Rather than a non static one that comes with you.

Huge thanks for the feedback, some very useful points in there.

The only thing I found odd was the gmail address instaed of an @ormanclark.com

also clicking the freebies has that annoying box popup, but then if there isn't a setion yet it's kinda a good way to do it.
I'm inclined to agree with this. Might change the email address but I do like to use gmail simply for ease. As for the freebies section I've removed it - seemed it was getting on people's nerves!

I don't think a single page is great for SEO
Totally agree but I was in the position of just needing to get something out. My original design did have multiple page which would have helped the SEO but it was taking me ages in between all the client sites / personal life to get it finished. In the end I opted for a single page just to have something visible - was sick of the holding page.

I do have a little concern with the arrow at the top, I was trying to click it at the beginning before scrolling down, expecting maybe the menu to disappear.
I'll have a little think about that, thanks.

I was reading your history did you work MOD?
Nope, regular Army, Royal Engineers specifically.

Nice site, identical navigation to the Armadillo site though.
You must have copied me ;)

As far as I can tell you do not have any websites in your portfolio that are live. They're either in development or the link onto it takes you to the site that doesn't use your design.

I think that makes you look bad, and for that reason if it were dragons den I'd be out!

Is this work designs that we're chosen or...?
There are some live ones in there but I'm aware of your point. Reason behind this is because I took a very long time out of design and concentrated on SEO at various agencies. Coming back to design I want to show my latest work so these are sites that have been built in the last 3 months. If I was to put old stuff in there it would be going back way over a year (for client jobs) so kept to the recent. They'll be live soon enough.

For all the people that have left positive feedback, big thanks. I think running a site passed other designer has some definite merits so thanks for taking the time.

in regards to g-mail, you could always set up a forward on an email address (I know I can on mine) so that any emails sent to xyz (at) ormanclark.com are then automatically sent to xyz (at) gmail.com.

I'm not saying its the best approach as gmail and hotmail can easily get blocked by a company but its something to consider :)

superb site man, hopefully I will make a better site than this when I grow up ;);)

Back