Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My new job site

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by TomStutt, Jul 8, 2011.

1. TomStutt

TomStutt Senior Member

Hi all

Just to make you all aware. Yesterday I made live my new job site.

Its called www.findthatdesignjob.co.uk and its solely for creative type jobs.

Free to post so if you know of any agencies/studios wanted to promote a job then please send them my way.

Thats it really, Cheers everyone.

2. Chris Lord

Chris Lord Senior Member

To be honest, I don't think it competes with the other sites out there... It feels a little too stripped back, I like simple and minimal, but a bit more structure and hierarchy would be nice, possibly some character too.

The big thing for me is a truly functional and easy to use/filter search tool.

3. aibrean

aibrean Member

It looks like a domain sitting site.

4. wac

wac Senior Member

I noticed (whilst searching for a local job) that the results fall out of the centre and go to the very left, however I quite like the clean look of the site, maybe consider making it a bit snazzier at the top and bottom?

5. Kevin

Kevin Senior Member

Content is key here, so it's crucial that everything is laid out nicely and that texts are scannable. That's not really the case here. Lots of empty space on the homepage (may I suggest a grid layout?) and on the jobs page it all looks the same. Nothing jumps out.

I think you could do so much more with this typographically speaking.

6. TomStutt

TomStutt Senior Member

Thanks for all the feedback. There is much more that can be done on the site. I agree. I wanted it up quick so there will be improvements over the coming months. Still getting to grips with some php and wordpress.

7. Edward7

Edward7 Junior Member

Nice start up job site, i like it and it is good that you are providing a great help to peoples looking for jobs. :up:

8. TomStutt

TomStutt Senior Member

Been making changes to the site. Changed logo, colours, different 'post' image, also added a font-face for the headings.

Thanks Edward7

9. TomStutt

TomStutt Senior Member

Also if anyone is interested in advertising on it then give me a shout.