My new freelance company

sophocles

Hey all been planning a new website to help lure in those extra customers. Been working on it for a while now, not quite sure how it's going to be implimented with WordPress quite yet.

Tell me what you think. I seriously something interesting for the bottom of the page but I can't think or work anything decent in.

http://www.samgilmore.com/webdesigns/pm1.jpg

two quick pointers:

where's your logo? the user needs to see it immediately, no messing. without it it feels empty.

why is there such a large gap at the top for small nav, and why is it centered? discrete, but easy navigation always wins.

tim said:
two quick pointers:

where's your logo? the user needs to see it immediately, no messing. without it it feels empty.

Tim's right, it needs something that immediately links the style of your page, what you have on offer and who you are into the viewers mind as usually all of these things should be visible within about 5 seconds for potential customers to continue reading.

Whether that's a logo or just some simple typography is up to you.

I like the layout/nav design looks great!

I love the robot :D

But the others are right, it needs a logo or something quick and catchy at the top to grab the person viewing it so they know instantly where they are, maybe this is why you've allowed for such a large navbar? If so, put the logo above the links.

Otherwise it looks great :)

Again I agree with Timbo.. there's no logo or anything like that which just makes the rest of it seem lost almost.. :) other than that it looks nice :)

Oh sorry should of said. The video container in there displays our showreel. An animated version of our logo plays once at the start and finished on it at the end. I could....put another logo in there though.

I was toying with the idea to put the twitter feed at the top just below the nav text in some container but it didn't really work out.

Cheers for input.

Made entirely in Photoshop CS3 btw :)

sophocles said:
Oh sorry should of said. The video container in there displays our showreel. An animated version of our logo plays once at the start and finished on it at the end. I could....put another logo in there though.

I was toying with the idea to put the twitter feed at the top just below the nav text in some container but it didn't really work out.

Cheers for input.

Made entirely in Photoshop CS3 btw :)

Put another logo on there in case the video doesn't start up, on a mobile browser for instance, looks cool though :up:

Tom Sound said:
Put another logo on there in case the video doesn't start up, on a mobile browser for instance, looks cool though :up:

or for those that have video/flash etc disabled

Back