My new Avatar Created in Illustrator

scotty

scotty

Staff member
I rather like that Nayan.

Looks quite friendly and sort of holistic.
The chicks'll dig it. ;)

Sorry to be over picky but a couple of the lines over run others.
The left side of the neck/collar line. The rounded cap goes just outside of the neck line and the top of the right ear crosses over the hair making the line look thicker.

On the right side, above the collar on the neck Illustrator looks like it's done that annoying thing where it's put a curve between two nodes and makes what looks like a tiny crack showing the background.
I hate Ai for that. :(

Sorry for nit picking. Working with Ai does that to a guy. ;)

nayan

nayan

I rather like that Nayan.

Looks quite friendly and sort of holistic.
The chicks'll dig it. ;)

Sorry to be over picky but a couple of the lines over run others.
The left side of the neck/collar line. The rounded cap goes just outside of the neck line and the top of the right ear crosses over the hair making the line look thicker.

On the right side, above the collar on the neck Illustrator looks like it's done that annoying thing where it's put a curve between two nodes and makes what looks like a tiny crack showing the background.
I hate Ai for that. :(

Sorry for nit picking. Working with Ai does that to a guy. ;)
Thanks for the kind words and especially the line that includes chicks ;) it helps improving some confidence:p:p.
Also thanks for letting me know of the things that i have done wrong i will try to focus on those mistakes for next time.
Some things illustrator has done and cause i used a mouse for drawing and used a pen tool instead of brush there are some discontinuities that i will try to improve in.
Thanks again for the kind words.

scotty

scotty

Staff member
No worries.

Working with Ai and vectors for years does that to you.
Nobody would probably notice anyway.

Just Ai sicko's like me. ;)

nayan

nayan

No worries.

Working with Ai and vectors for years does that to you.
Nobody would probably notice anyway.

Just Ai sicko's like me. ;)
But these things help me a lot for improving and
which helps me getting projects;);)
So this is a great help:D:D

nayan

nayan

View attachment 6259

It would be these two things here -

Overall, nicely done.
Yea the red line is a part of the leaf i created and due to the character is not filled i have to cut out
the leaf from the character to make it look in background,but i dont know why some peaces left there(which i think is cause of the line i used to create the white lines in between the leaf)so i started cleaning them and forgot some to remove.:unsure::unsure:

Wardy

Wardy

I really like it, but if we're being picky, I'd like to see the line weights a bit thicker and maybe the nose the
same as the rest? Also, the eye ellipses are horizontal which makes it look like he's looking down. Unless this
was the intention, I would turn them vertical.

Levi

Levi

Staff member
Like the idea, just feel it could just do with a little 'refinement'.

First thing that popped out to me was the amount of pink versus the blue, you just have this single blue leaf in there while the rest is all shades of pink (except the outer ring, is there a reason you've done that black?). I'd personally try to add in some more blue 'somewhere' or go all in on the pinks. I'd also maybe look at colour temperatures, I think I'd have looked at a cooler tone (more blue tone rather than the redder tone you have now) of 'pink' for the main face, although this might just be due to me wanting to balance the 'blue' in the image, so it might be something to play around with.

nayan

nayan

I really like it, but if we're being picky, I'd like to see the line weights a bit thicker and maybe the nose the
same as the rest? Also, the eye ellipses are horizontal which makes it look like he's looking down. Unless this
was the intention, I would turn them vertical.
Thank you so much for your review first,as talking about the eyes i wanted it to look like a side portrait but not too side.So i tried to make eyes look that way so i made them like that but if they are looking like downwards then i will try to fix them.

nayan

nayan

Like the idea, just feel it could just do with a little 'refinement'.

First thing that popped out to me was the amount of pink versus the blue, you just have this single blue leaf in there while the rest is all shades of pink (except the outer ring, is there a reason you've done that black?). I'd personally try to add in some more blue 'somewhere' or go all in on the pinks. I'd also maybe look at colour temperatures, I think I'd have looked at a cooler tone (more blue tone rather than the redder tone you have now) of 'pink' for the main face, although this might just be due to me wanting to balance the 'blue' in the image, so it might be something to play around with.
Thanks for the idea and review,i also wanted to balance the blue color with the pink but at the same time i wanted it to look a little uneven
like i have done with the hair.I first putted two leafs one blue and one pink but it looked kind of too robotic to me,so i added a leaf in the background with a different shade of pink,i at a time thought to add one more blue leaf but then i thought it will look robotic again.:(

Levi

Levi

Staff member
Thanks for the idea and review,i also wanted to balance the blue color with the pink but at the same time i wanted it to look a little uneven
like i have done with the hair.I first putted two leafs one blue and one pink but it looked kind of too robotic to me,so i added a leaf in the background with a different shade of pink,i at a time thought to add one more blue leaf but then i thought it will look robotic again.:(
It doesn't have to be blue, like I said you can play with colour temperatures so instead of a 'pink' you could edge towards say lilac shades or light purples that sort of thing. In essence bring something 'cold' in tone to balance the 'warm' tones you currently have.