My logo/your opinion

Dave L

My aim here is to create the impression of a professional outfit that can appeal to a broad range of clients, relatively conservative in approach at one end and sleek and modern at the other. How am I doing?

I welcome all input, from high praise and vicious slag-off.

Many thanks

D.

Attachments

• LCLLogo1.gif
    LCLLogo1.gif
    5.5 KB · Views: 56
It certainly doesn't offend me in any way, or have me recoiling back in horror or anything like that. It is conservative, nothing out of the ordinary or particularly memorable, but then if it was, it may be the opposite of conservative! I'd trust that company, if that helps! I dunno, it kind of leaves me indifferent i guess...

I think it's a really good start.

Really like the font, and the burgundy on the 'i' goes well with the green.

The idea of things being emitted from the i is nothing new, but I think it suits your logo. Your font is quite curved and I would try and curve the boxes a little more to suit. The third box is maybe a little too big and in my opinion looks too disproportionate, so would scale that down a tad. Not sure how necessary the white box is that's within the green box though.

Overall I do really like it, good start. :icon_smile:

I like it too. I agree about the font, works well.

As for the green, I'd possibly use the same (lighter) green for the text as the 'bubble' just to help tie it in.

It certainly doesn't offend me in any way, or have me recoiling back in horror or anything like that. It is conservative, nothing out of the ordinary or particularly memorable, but then if it was, it may be the opposite of conservative! I'd trust that company, if that helps! I dunno, it kind of leaves me indifferent i guess...

Thanks, linziloop; appreciate your comments. I don't consider myself a logo designer (although I've had my arm twisted a couple of times) and it isn't my intention to win any awards or anything so in a sense your comments are ticking a lot of my boxes. Aiming too low? Maybe, but as I say, I'm attempting to tread a fine line.

New question: does anyone have any views on a nice, simple device to represent 'graphic design'? I've had a stab with combining the notion of colour with the stylized thought bubble and that may suffice but wonder if anyone else has hit on a stronger solution ...?

I think it's a really good start.

Really like the font, and the burgundy on the 'i' goes well with the green.

The idea of things being emitted from the i is nothing new, but I think it suits your logo. Your font is quite curved and I would try and curve the boxes a little more to suit. The third box is maybe a little too big and in my opinion looks too disproportionate, so would scale that down a tad. Not sure how necessary the white box is that's within the green box though.

Overall I do really like it, good start. :icon_smile:

Cheers, Curtis. On reflection, the white dot (the last thing I added and for no real reason) does make it look a bit TV-screeny... At the moment, the shape of the bubbles is an echo of the dot over the 'i' which seemed logical but I'll have another look along the lines you propose and see how it shapes up.

Thanks again for taking the time to comment.

You could add something like the handles and control lines you get when adjusting Bezier curves in Photoshop/Illustrator but it's been done before, and is a little cliché.

I think you're on the right path regarding colour, maybe you could incorporate line and shape in their too?

You could add something like the handles and control lines you get when adjusting Bezier curves in Photoshop/Illustrator but it's been done before, and is a little cliché.

I tried something similar once upon a time and the feedback I received from some people was that they thought the tools were visible because I'd forgotten to delete them!

I think it's fine. Too many colours for me - I'd stick to maybe blue and green or black/gray and green. And I find the thought bubble thingy a little fussy - not sure what the little white square is for and I think there are too many bubbles - three might be better.

Check the letterspacing too - 'la' is a bit tight for a start.

I like the 'bubbles' and the white box!

To me it looks like old school monitors (which had slightly rounded edges) and the white box looks like a little light refraction!

I don't think it's going to stand out in a crowd but it's pretty understated and applications of it could be used nicely on a site/ in brochures / stationery etc.

Am I seeing something in it you didn't mean? lol

I like it when some logos get like that! I produced the logo below (on the right), way back when in my early days, and the number of different things it was interpreted as was mad! It was supposed to be a redux of the previous eye logo the company had employed.

Anyways!

17332_309193143051_513708051_3577494_103855_n.jpg

I feel that the curved shape of the boxes (and the white dot) suggest that it's related to TV (ie. a post-production company).

I would think about combining two icons that represent print and web and limiting the colours to two or three.

Thanks

Back