My logo, Your opinion

Jon12345

I have created a logo for a new brand of kinesiology sports tape. You apply the tape to your body for sprains etc. Lots of sports people and athletes use them.

I would love to hear your opinions on my new logo. Am I using the right font? Its currently Myriad Pro. Is the roll the right size? Is it clean enough? Should I move the text closer to the roll? Any and all criticisms are welcome.

Please note that I am a layman at this and I am not a graphic designer. I've designed websites and stuff like that though so have a little knowledge.

Kind regards,

Jon

Attachments

• logo-eval.jpg
    logo-eval.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 71
Fonts like Myriad Pro can never be considered the 'right font,' especially for a logo. The kerning is off a bit; mainly the 'U' and the 'T'.

On a separate note: Kinesiology sports tape is an interesting topic, and very popular amongst many sportsmen and women. Funny enough, it has been scientifically proven that it does not actually help with the recovery or healing process of sports injuries, and offers little support. It is simply psychosomatic, so I guess it is argued that it does help for that very reason in itself.

Besides what this tape claims to do - if it works for you then keep using it.

Anyway - it's a very simple logo - the tape coming off the roll doesn't look like it's really coming off the roll.

Fonts are not right as stated already. Kerning is off as stated already.

It's a good start but has a long way to go. This could easily be for any type of roll, like loo roll, kitchen paper, duct tape or anything.

It doesn't stretch the imagination in what this tape is used for.

I should bring out something like an odourless air-freshener, fill it with H20 vapour and claim it moisturises and freshens the air - helping to hydrate your skin in the process and clean the air for cleaner oxygen intake.. I'd probably also throw in a key word like 'Organic' to seal the deal...

Just giving my two cents on what I find is an interesting topic in general, as a huge sports fan myself. I didn't want to repeat what I have already said regarding the logo. In any case, it shows a different way of thinking with regards to the logo, as maybe it could be a possible route to go down; that being to somehow show the phycological impact the tape has to which aids the physical healing/recovery process of many minor injuries. Something different and more unique than just 'here's the tape, apply to injured part of body' which is what people see as the sole purpose of this tape. To bring that something different across in a logo is always a good thing.

I tried a graphic designer on oDesk and they just plagiarized logos from Google images. Very disappointed.

I've tried a few more ideas. Any preferences on any of these?shortlist1.jpg

Yes - online graphic design (spec work) competitions are usually a lot of people plagarising, infringing copyright - and I highly highly do not recommend using them at all.

The last one is pretty good. Wonder if you could make a smiley face out of the u and the umlauts? Do they even make sense - I thought ü was an "e" sound?

Yeah PPH & sites like oDesk are definitely to be avoided. Much better off using the money to pay a real professional.

I kind of like the third one with what you have done to the word 'Tape.' I am a fan of making a word look like it's meaning, I often did this myself in the past.

I don't get the last one at all. Looks like the moon about to eclipse.

Yeah PPH & sites like oDesk are definitely to be avoided. Much better off using the money to pay a real professional.

I kind of like the third one with what you have done to the word 'Tape.' I am a fan of making a word look like it's meaning, I often did this myself in the past.

I don't get the last one at all. Looks like the moon about to eclipse.

The last one looks like a roll of tape to me, but minimal.

I understand it's meant to represent the tape, simple due to colour coordination but I just don't see it myself. Maybe too minimal, or maybe I'm getting old.

I've had a brainstorm and made significant changes! Any comments on this one?

Attachments

• shortlist-to-upload.jpg
    shortlist-to-upload.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 22
I think overall it looks excellent but it doesn't look like branding for kinesiology sports tape anymore. It looks like something to do with outer space, like an impending total eclipse. The black background doesn't help. Also, for some reason the word 'tape' looks like planks of wood in red, which is odd as I know all you have done is change the colour.

One other thing; 'Less pain, more gain' is that their official tagline or did you come up with that, as it doesn't make any sense.

PS. Have you tried other fonts?

I think it's getting there.

If the circular part looked more like tape.

I like the treatment of the "tape".

Although after looking at it again and reading CLHB's comments - it agree with him.

The tape needs to look more like tape.

And the circular thing doesn't look like a roll of tape.

Although it's not bad. It still needs a lot of work.

Avoid colour right til the very end. Only work in black and white.

I really like the look of the logo I did. It looks in balance to me. But, I was thinking that because of the height of the logo, when you shrink it down, its harder to read the text. So, perhaps something less lofty would do?

I tried another concept. I would prefer it to be curved but not sure how to do that with Fireworks.

Attachments

• shortlist-to-upload-1-2.jpg
    shortlist-to-upload-1-2.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 17
Ooohhh Nice, it's not quite right but I love the idea you are going for here I really do!

What you need to do is make it look like the tape is being peeled away from its 'throw away' surface layer, rather than it looking like a shadow. You know the bit you would throw away after peeling off the tape? Or does the tape not have that? Either way it may not matter.

Echoing my previous comment, I have issues with what you've done with the word 'tape,' I find the font has much to be desired and the tagline is terrible as it goes against all facts of building fitness etc. As it is quite the opposite to what you are suggesting.

With these few fixes this logo is going to look great! I'm actually really excited about it now, love this new idea.

Also, please move away from the black and red. Black doesn't suit the colour of the tape anyway, when was the last time you saw an athlete with black kinesiology tape on? They usually go for something more colourful. I feel the blue you used previously worked well, as it was softer, but maybe it should be a slightly different tone of blue.

Back