My logo designs are uncreative, unprofessional and overpriced...

Hello all, just had a full read of this thread and the one on UK Business Forums.

I get this all of the time now, same old, same old ... I haven't got much money blah, blah, blah...
together with ... I'll have a look on Odesk / Elance and see if I can get it cheaper ... even had the usual .. Ive seen something on istock id like you to use ...

I always redirect all of the above as projects like that are more hassle than they are worth.

In my professional opinion Only serious business people understand what real design value is for their company image and will appreciate and understand that a good investment in design for their business can make a huge difference to your aims and objectives.

Paul, you have some nice work there which clearly shows it has been though about and produced with the client's aims and objectives in mind.

I've always maintained that people can say whatever the hell they like about my work. so long as I'm happy with what I've done (and the client, obviously).

Nice attitude Paul! For some reason most designers seem to hate each other lol They all look at designs and think bah! i could do better than that! My brother just started dating a designer who immediately started slagging me and my work off lol she told me she was a better designer than me.. i said you probably are, one of many! :icon_biggrin: There is ALWAYS someone better than you, but if you are pleased and proud of what you produce and your work wins you new clients who cares what others think? Usually the ones slagging others off are doing so because they are insecure about their own work.

The best designers are the ones without a huge ego, i learn a lot from designers younger and less experienced than me and i love it! the more open you are to other people's ideas and work, the better you will become.

Oh, I thought I was the best designer? :( Sad times.

This thread on the UKBF has gotten quite a response haha. People don't value design anywhere near as much as they should.

There is ALWAYS someone better than you, but if you are pleased and proud of what you produce and your work wins you new clients who cares what others think? Usually the ones slagging others off are doing so because they are insecure about their own work.

The best designers are the ones without a huge ego

I could not agree more. It seems to be a tool of measure (sizing up your own ability and design work with other designers, with a biased view) for people who are insecure about their own work.

I find it funny when someone who is asking for feedback then comments back on someone's work for giving criticism they don't agree with.

I could not agree more. It seems to be a tool of measure (sizing up your own ability and design work with other designers, with a biased view) for people who are insecure about their own work.

I find it funny when someone who is asking for feedback then comments back on someone's work for giving criticism they don't agree with.

Those people are after an ego stroke not constructive criticism that's why they throw their toys out of the pram :icon_biggrin:

I seen this via Twitter earlier today. Made me giggle a bit. What did he say again?

'My designs are better than your boring black and white designs' or something along those lines? haha.

I'm not the best person for designing logos but I would expect a logo to be a simple design not to complicated the simpler the better in my view. Shame the thread was deleted I love a good forum punch up.

Back