My logo design

Citrina05

Hello, I just finished graphic design foundation degree (yep, not even full degree) and even though I done self branding at Uni, I decided to recreate my design and try again. I'm not sure about these designs, but I really have a big difficulty thinking of any ideas and well these are the best so far:
Screen Shot 2018-08-24 at 02.13.03.png
Screen Shot 2018-08-24 at 02.13.09.png
I found it very difficult to come up with any good designs with E & K, it's a horrible letter combination, at least for me. I would really like an a designer's opinion. Thank you :).

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-08-24 at 02.12.19.png
    Screen Shot 2018-08-24 at 02.12.19.png
    48.9 KB · Views: 2
Ask any designer who their worst client is an they'll more than likely say "themselves". ;)

I personally rather like what you've done and they're both reading "EK" to me and your name as a strap hammers that home.
I do think the more squared off version is more recognisable as EK though.

What is the reason for the line and dot on the right?

I'm liking it visually but just wondering why.

Well if you have to ask, probably it's not doing it's job as it was meant to be a pen tool icon. I think in second image is more clearer though :/. But probably I will remove it or redesign it, but thanks for the comment.

Honestly the 'K' looks like a satellite dish icon to me.

Also as weird as this is going to sound it also keeps reminding me of the enterprise from star trek...

I thought that as well!

Do you really need the EK icon? Your name and tag line is sufficient to tell people who you are and what you do and your portfolio will demonstrate your skill.

I quite like it, thought it somehow looks like an aircraft company logo.

I like the more rounded design, but the K is smaller and a lighter weight to the E.

Defo did not get pen ref.

Also the logo letter k has the arm and leg meet. But in the tag line the K is different.

I think a font pairing here of similar typographical features like this would be better.

Now you
Well if you have to ask, probably it's not doing it's job as it was meant to be a pen tool icon. I think in second image is more clearer though :/. But probably I will remove it or redesign it, but thanks for the comment.
Now you've told me I totally get it.
Good use of negative space and a bit like those secret features of logos that you read about.

Back