My Logo Design

JAKB

Hi my name is James (Business name: JAKB) and I've just started to show my art publicly.
To start, I have designed a logo for my social media and website profiles. I would love to have some feedback on it, and if you can please follow me on Instagram to keep track of my many posts as well as on this forum (if possible, I'm still working my way around this site) that would be amazing.

https://www.instagram.com/jakb_hub

Attachments

• Logo final.png
    387.7 KB · Views: 30
Don't name files "final".

And it it's 5 colours if you ever wanted it screen printed for a t-shirt.
It's a bit complex, too much detail and that detail is probably lost at smaller sizes.

Don't name files "final".

And it it's 5 colours if you ever wanted it screen printed for a t-shirt.
It's a bit complex, too much detail and that detail is probably lost at smaller sizes.

Will try to avoid naming files final in the future! The complexity was very much a prominent worry for me when creating this, though as I am just starting out; I can imagine the logo changing to a much simpler form in the future. Thankyou for the great advice.

James.

Simplify it. Try and create what you have there in just a single colour. It's possible, but you need to strip out a lot of the detail. Trust me, it will be better for it.

Simplify it. Try and create what you have there in just a single colour. It's possible, but you need to strip out a lot of the detail. Trust me, it will be better for it.

I'll give it a go; the single colour idea sounds like a good challenge either way, thankyou!

Um... JAKB reads as Jacob to me which is maybe not the best business name for someone called James.

est, I'm guessing that's when you were born which is the wrong use of the term est.

As to the design, it looks like a football club logo... have no idea that this is relating to 'art'.

Personally if you're an artist (I'm assuming canvas type work) I wouldn't be looking at a 'logo', I'd be going more typographical or even just 'signature' based but that's just me.

I also thought it was a football team. And Jacob. And not really sure why you need an est. date.

Why a ladder?

Um... JAKB reads as Jacob to me which is maybe not the best business name for someone called James.

est, I'm guessing that's when you were born which is the wrong use of the term est.

As to the design, it looks like a football club logo... have no idea that this is relating to 'art'.

Personally if you're an artist (I'm assuming canvas type work) I wouldn't be looking at a 'logo', I'd be going more typographical or even just 'signature' based but that's just me.

Thankyou for the feedback. The design isn't final, just evolving. Your comments will prove considerably helpful in its development.

I also thought it was a football team. And Jacob. And not really sure why you need an est. date.

Why a ladder?

Est. was just a playful addition I guess. I can definitely see the resemblance to a football team. JAKB is my initials/company name.

Back