Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My iPhone has dementia.

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by Jimlad, Jun 27, 2010.

1. Jimlad

Jimlad Well-Known Member

It's mental. As I was typing the following post out to ask any iPhone users for advice, the problem went away!

!!! And as I finished writing, it connected! After all that typing I may as well post it anyway so... Anyone else had odd Wifi behaviour with their iPhones?

2. Greg

Greg Active Member

Strange! Have you been able to test the iPhone with other Wifi networks? maybe it's a dodgy connection for any Wifi networks rather than the password for your home network?

Disclaimer: I know very little about iPhones.

3. Jimlad

Jimlad Well-Known Member

I've tested it on my mate's Wifi by accident. The password settings automatically synced onto it from having been on my iPod Touch. No problems.

4. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

5. tim

tim Senior Member

levi your post was about 3g cellular connection, most likely caused by late activation because of server demand on launch day.

it takes up to 24hrs any normal day but on a launch of an iphone upto 72hrs, espesh on at&t as they have the iphone full stop, whereas in uk there are 4 carriers.

6. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

Didn't read the article in depth, thought it was more wifi orientated than it actually is.

7. Jimlad

Jimlad Well-Known Member

Seems to be a little more stable today, but it's still a bugger as it takes forever for it to "latch on" to the WiFi signal and keep hold of it! My iPod Touch was the same, yet all my other devices connect swift like a bunny. Very odd...

8. tim

tim Senior Member

if all else fails, back up then restore.

9. TallPaul

TallPaul Member

My iPhone just randomly disconnected a few weeks back, wouldn´t connect, then it would then disconnect whenever i opened safari or gmail, i posted on the apple forums and other people had the same problem but there was no response from an official, in the end after a few days it just fixed itself somehow.

10. ColeUK

ColeUK Junior Member

Is the connecting, password incorrect problem only happening at home?,

had a similar problem with Mac computer, turned out to be ip conflicts as other devices using the same router. Have also read somewhere that if you put a dollar sign ($) in front of the password this might help. Not sure if it will help with your specific problem though.

11. Jimlad

Jimlad Well-Known Member

Thanks I've tried that before, but no luck unfortunately. It's being a right bugger today, just will not connect and keeps asking for the password over and over and over and over......

12. Thewholehogg

Thewholehogg Active Member

Well you will use these 'knock off' phones....

Back up, reformat and start again.

13. berry

berry Active Member

I find throwing against someone's head works

14. ColeUK

ColeUK Junior Member

Check if any 'downloads' music or otherwise or 'app updates' have completed fully? via Sync, iTunes.

Also reset 'Network Settings'

or Reset/Restore iPhone as mentioned I guess!

15. Jimlad

Jimlad Well-Known Member

Nothing knocked off about it Typo ya muck-spreader! Well, my iPhone has stopped working with the WiFi completely now. It never connects and consistently refuses the password. So I pressed the Reset Network Settings button. Guess what, it STILL won't work!

And the old 1st iPod Touch that hasn't been Sync'd in months works perfectly, but only with Safari, refusing to connect when using Mail or YouTube.

I may try resetting the whole bloody thing... which will be pretty annoying.

16. Thewholehogg

In my house we have 2 iPod Touches, I iPhone and a G4 Powerbook on the network.
    The touches and iPhone are all updated to OS4. I use Apple Airport Extreme for wifi
    All works fine.
    Which is nice.

I'd go for a COMPLETE reset or maybe try restarting the router. The problem maybe at that end.
    Is your G4 iBook connecting up ok?

17. Jimlad

Jimlad Well-Known Member

The iBook, iPod Touch, and PS3 all connect no problem. I can't mess on with the router anyway, there's no Mac software for it. It just carries on with the settings I set up yeeears ago on another machine.

18. Thewholehogg

Do the reformat...do it now.

19. Jimlad

Jimlad Well-Known Member

Can't be arsed. I'll do it sometime. But I shouldn't have to!

20. Thewholehogg

Stop yer gripin young un.