My India Photos

Pretty awesome shots mate! I am at Silverstone Grand Prix in few weeksw time, I'll try and get some good shots have you got any tips i could have ??

glenwheeler said:
Pretty awesome shots mate! I am at Silverstone Grand Prix in few weeksw time, I'll try and get some good shots have you got any tips i could have ??

Thanks Glen! I'm glad you like them.

Well I don't know so much about cameras so I can't give you tips on equipment, and I'm probably not the best person to ask for photography tips. But if I'm shooting people I always try to get as close to a subject as I can instead of using zoom. It always gives me better results. And then I just try to experiment with different angles and composition. Shooting down from the ground. Tilting the camera etc..

Nice pictures!

I really like the one of the old lady sitting down with her pan/bucket?

Have you not changed the saturation/vibrance/gamma on those pics?
Very good result from an Point n Shoot!

Did u have pay the people to take their pics? in Tunisia years ago I took some pics of the decorative doorways with people in and they always asked for money for a pic...

Amazing pics! You should defo get an SLR. I love mine and it's definitely worth the effort of carrying it around..

charles said:
Nice pictures!

I really like the one of the old lady sitting down with her pan/bucket?

Have you not changed the saturation/vibrance/gamma on those pics?
Very good result from an Point n Shoot!

Did u have pay the people to take their pics? in Tunisia years ago I took some pics of the decorative doorways with people in and they always asked for money for a pic...

Thanks Charles!

I have increased the sharpness on a few of them and adjusted the levels a little. The old lady is my personal favourite as well. I haven't done anything to that one as it came out the way I wanted it.

No I didn't pay people money. Most Indians love getting their photo taken. It's paradise for people who are into travel photography.

When you take out a camera they go "take a picture of me! over here!" :). And they love it when you show them the photo afterwards. One lady even stood up, corrected her clothing and posed for me. :) Lovely people, especially out of the main tourist traps.

@printedeasy: I will definitely get an SLR. Even though I am quite happy with these photos I know they could have been so much better with an SLR. You can really tell the difference.

so where are you going on your next hols Soren :) so we know what the next photos will be about :D

chrismitchell said:
so where are you going on your next hols Soren :) so we know what the next photos will be about :D

Hehe..haven't really decided yet. I'm thinking about going on a 2 month trip through the north of India and then head down to the Andaman Islands for a month. Either that or Malawi for 3 months. Just need to convince my boss to give me a couple of months unpaid leave first :)

LOL i'm sure that unpaid leave would be fine for any boss in this current climate :)

one of my colleagues here at work is having a 3 month holiday unpaid :p we joke with her that the company will have gone bust when she gets back LOL :p

chrismitchell said:
LOL i'm sure that unpaid leave would be fine for any boss in this current climate :)

one of my colleagues here at work is having a 3 month holiday unpaid :p we joke with her that the company will have gone bust when she gets back LOL :p

Yeah..my boss has even encouraged us to take unpaid leave :D. I won't be going until some time next year though.

Haha..that's mean! It would really suck coming home from your holidays to find yourself unemployed or be told that you've lost your job while you're away! :cry:

It would suck big time... we just thought it was really funny :p :lol:

Mohammad said:
Superb pictures, it's my home country

Namaste :)

Thanks Mohammad!

Whereabouts in India are you from? And more importantly, can I come around to your mums house and eat dinner? I love proper Indian food! :D

Back