My Friends CGI Work

glenwheeler

Hi Guys,

I don't know if this belongs here but I'll post it anyway, greg if you feel its not in the right place please move it by all means. This piece of work was done by a close friend of mine who actually works in Morrisons doing night shifts stacking shelves. He is unbelieveably talented check this out along with some of his other work!

YouTube - bluetonguefilms's Channel

which video is cgi exactly, none of the ones I quickly sampled had any cg in them. They look like they're just plain video's

Levi said:
which video is cgi exactly, none of the ones I quickly sampled had any cg in them. They look like they're just plain video's

Ok Spider is CGI when the woman gets hit by the car...and when the needle is put in his eye!

I love Sarah Jane is the Zombie and the Explosion when he fires the Bow Arrow at the Zombie, you thought all that was real?

Renniks said:
No but didn't watch enough to see those parts ;)
exactly, there were a number of movies and I wasn't going to spend 10-15mins on each if they were all just video's especially after the title made it look like it was going to be cgi work (ie avatar/appleseed/final fantasy etc) :p

Levi said:
exactly, there were a number of movies and I wasn't going to spend 10-15mins on each if they were all just video's especially after the title made it look like it was going to be cgi work (ie avatar/appleseed/final fantasy etc) :p

lol well thats fair enuff if you dont have the patience to appreciate good work!

Sorry but I never commented on the work as I didn't spend long enough watching it as to be honest I wouldn't have looked at it except for the misleading title. As it was described as CGI I thought I would take a look, but when all I saw was a normal video I didn't feel like spending atleast 2 hours trying to find the parts which were CGI, especially when it seems like I could possibly miss them if I looked away at the wrong time.

In my view what I saw was normal video editting with a couple of cgi elements, not what I would class as CGI work as you described it.

lol what do you class as CGI work then Levi? Show me some...Your always nit picking! And why would it take 2 hours to try and find the CGI parts they are blatent in front of you on the videos!

Levi said:
um I kind of said that :clap:
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3a4Z5cpioYQ&feature=related[/YOUTUBE] appleseed - uses cell shading techniques for rendering people

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_mxteEm7Iw&feature=related [/YOUTUBE] appleseed ex machina - uses standard rendering techniques

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWItr_49MHA&feature=related[/YOUTUBE] final fantasy advent children

You can also have bits where there is cgi added but thats not what your post and title implied, I was expecting the above type of thing

Ita not really CGI...as in CGI..as In CGI I.I...II...LOL!

You could tell by the videos I put on that it wasnt that type...It didnt really need to be brough into the conversation...

but you said it was cgi work, I was expecting full on cgi video hence me asking which video at the beginning. Now if you had said it was video's with cgi elements or clarified the expectations made with your title in your initial post none of this would have happened, plus you asked me what I meant by cgi so I answered :p

I watch a lot of cgi movies etc as I look for tips and tricks etc for my work :)

Levi said:
but you said it was cgi work, I was expecting full on cgi video hence me asking which video at the beginning. Now if you had said it was video's with cgi elements or clarified the expectations made with your title in your initial post none of this would have happened, plus you asked me what I meant by cgi so I answered :p

I watch a lot of cgi movies etc as I look for tips and tricks etc for my work :)

I'll send you a PM next time to fully explain the situation before I post that way we can be on the same wave length :)...

Back