My first publication :)

babsillus

Hello everyone,

I just would like to present my last project. I worked with a little publishing house called "les insomniaques" based in France. I made a 32 pages book of illustration and comics about a parisian girl a bit sarcastic and funny. The title is "Clo à Paris"

Well, sorry for the "french only" but i would like to announce that!

Because i'll be at the great show "Salon du livre et de la presse jeunesse de Montreuil" (Chidren book fair of Montreuil) near Paris, and i thought some of you guys know about this great show.

It's an amazing place where all the french editors, autors and illustrators are here to present their last works.

If you wanna more informations about it, here is the link about the manifestation (french)

Salon du livre et de la presse jeunesse

and the website of my editor :

éditions Les Insomniaques (french again, so sorry )

PS : i'll make another topic to say that we are always seeking new talents for being edited. We make a magazine called "CAPHARNAÛM" (twice a year) edited with graphics, illustrations, texts, and more, and if you wanna join us for this, you can send me a message for details.

Here some teasing of my book

303005clocfslpng.png

Thanks for reading ! :)

Nice work! I love the French style of illustration. Especially the lady in red & the colours used behind her. However, I think you style is sort of a more modern style, derived from the original styles. Is it?

AxnAkshan > Thank you ! For those illustrations, i took my inspiration in old classy styles like those of Dupuy and Berbérian (two french illustrators) or even Kiraz (another one).

How wonderful!
Congratulations, I hope its goes brilliantly for you.

I really love the illustrative styling of Tadahiro Uesugi, his work has always somewhat reminded me of early French advertising.

Harri said:
How wonderful!
Congratulations, I hope its goes brilliantly for you.

I really love the illustrative styling of Tadahiro Uesugi, his work has always somewhat reminded me of early French advertising.

Nice to see this thread again. It's one of the most inspiring ones I suscribed to here in DF. Thank you Harri for bringing it up! :)

Back