My First Logo

TheNoone

Hi, Im new on here, Iv found an interest for creating things after losing my job last month, so much so, i have decided to go to University to study graphic design and advertising and wanted your opinion on my first set of logo's, Bearing in mind iv only been at this a month or so, All i want to know is, am i going in the right direction etc.
Thanks in advance :icon_smile:

typefaces.jpg

Hi there,

I think you've made the same mistake I did a while back, where you start a logo on the computer/mac. You really need to sketch things out first and see what works. Your logo needs to stand-out from other designers, but more importantly, attractive to customers.

I don't think idea 2 or 3 have a 'wow factor'. But ideas 1 and 4 could easily be developed into something more. I prefer idea 4 but think it looks a bit tatty where the curve of the 'j' overlaps the 'k'.

But I must say, sketching ideas helps immensely. Also, designing for yourself is always hardest in my opinion so just keep trying ideas :icon_smile:

Hope this helps,

Curtis

i think what Curtis has said is very good advice and also shows that he has taken heed of feedback given to him. Don't want to sound in any way condescending but it's great to see people being able to take a little constructive criticism and use it to their advantage and to help others.

I think you have the beginnings of some interesting stuff here. I would take a step back...see what others have to say on here and use their advice wisely.

Remember to ask yourself what your objectives are and why you are designing it in the first place. I'd also recommend taking a look in the graphic design books thread and online so you can get a feel for how a really polished logo design should look.

Just to add on to what Dave has said: In regards to books there are some very expensive ones, but my brother bought me one for my birthday in January and if I'm ever lost for inspiration it helps me out because it is full of logos - I'm not saying copy logos out of books but for instance there might be a certain ones that you really like that spark of your own ideas you can use and that can be successful. :icon_smile:

Thanks for all the sturdy advice, I understand what everyone is saying here, I actually started designing because i have always been creative, and had to sacrafice my pride and joy drumkit a few months back, I really enjoy it also, It's something i get a kick out of, rather than playing computer games, drinking etc. But i shall take your advice wisely, and hopefully ill find my own once i have started university, and keep coming on here and seeing what all the designers are up too.
Thanks alot

Kye.

P.s Could you reccomend some of these books please?

Last edited:
Well in the case of drinking, Im a lightweight so yeah! You could say i spend more time designing than drinking :icon_tongue_smilie:

My best advice: keep it simple but at the same time clever (if possible)...people think simple means it was easy but simple is hard to pull off.

Back